X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kb58
    replied
    I have a koi pond so might be of help.

The most efficient way to move/circulate water is with an air-lift setup, which can typically be accomplished with <100W. To lift water any more than a few inches will require a true pump which will take more power. Depending upon your requirements, there are some very efficient water pumps, but they're also Very expensive. Google "Flowfriend pump" for such a unit.

Leave a comment:

• NEOH
    replied
    Originally posted by drbob View Post
    if all you want to do is move water around the most cost efficient way I can think of is a 12 volt electric boat trolling motor. Pumps and pipes cost money and are costly to operate. Design your pond around the current the motor pushes out and I think you would be in the 100 watt per hour range or 2.4 kw per day.
    I think, the water flow in an aquaponics garden is very different than a pond.

Leave a comment:

• drbob
    replied
    if all you want to do is move water around the most cost efficient way I can think of is a 12 volt electric boat trolling motor. Pumps and pipes cost money and are costly to operate. Design your pond around the current the motor pushes out and I think you would be in the 100 watt per hour range or 2.4 kw per day.
    Last edited by drbob; 10-11-2017, 06:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by NEOH View Post
    The pumps on that website are rated in meters^3 per hour
    Is it correct that 6,000 Liters per hour converts to 6 Meter^3 per hour ?.
    Yes. 1,000 liters will fit very nicely in a 1 m^3 container. As a matter of fact, exactly.

Leave a comment:

• NEOH
    replied
    The pumps on that website are rated in meters^3 per hour
    Is it correct that 6,000 Liters per hour converts to 6 Meter^3 per hour ?

From that website the PS2-600 CS-F is rated at Max Flow Rate 8.3 Meters^3 / hour
    I do not see amps or watts rating for the motor

What is your LIFT requirement?

Grundfos is a good manufacturer.
    Last edited by NEOH; 10-10-2017, 08:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MattEDP
    started a topic Suggestions For Water Pump

Suggestions For Water Pump

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of setting up an aquaponics garden to be run entirely off of solar. I'm looking for a reliable, durable and energy efficient pump to run the system. The pump needs to circulate roughly 6000L per hour. I'm also in rural Ghana so my options for shopping/shipping are limited. Here's a link to one of the companies in Accra but I can't tell if what they have in stock will suit my needs (they haven't responded to my emails). pumptechgh.com

Thanks
Working...
X