Noobie ? Airconditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russ View Post
    Anyway - what is the funny link for Anyway?
    Peltier/Seebeck effect cooling powered by solar PV.
    If you multiply enough low efficiencies together you get no useful output. But a fun project.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by jcX4ever View Post
      However, your message is on the sticky and there's no need to be repeating this. You know this because you are the one who made the that sticky. Your information is now very common and heard many times. A repetition of this 10,000 times is only a form of spamming.
      If people read the STICKIES there would be not many questions and the Forum would die from lack of interest. There is a reason this is the worlds # 1 Solar Power Forum. Google Stats prove it.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
        no useful output...
        It does cool the workshop, but not by much. Next summer I will add another inch of polystyrene all round and see...
        Dem

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
          If people read the STICKIES there would be not many questions and the Forum would die from lack of interest. There is a reason this is the worlds # 1 Solar Power Forum. Google Stats prove it.
          Again, people read stickies at least some like myself. I knew, and of course for some people knew from the start that off grid solar is expensive and that didn't stop us from coming here to learn more.. We are called hobbyist. I really don't know the reason why you want this wonderful site to die.

Harvesting energy is very interesting and one way of doing this is by Solar. May it be expensive or not but to think that a mere individual is now capable of harvesting his own needs of electricity is amazing. Isn't it? If not, I don't know why you are here.

If Solar does not make you happy, then don't assume it applies to all people.

Please don't mind us, this is what we want and I know we are not affecting you in some negative way.
          Muted

Comment

We are called hobbyist. Fine with us - your business how you spend your money

I really don't know the reason why you want this wonderful site to die. Don't worry - the site is not about to die just because you have your knickers in a knot about something.

Harvesting energy is very interesting and one way of doing this is by Solar. May it be expensive or not but to think that a mere individual is now capable of harvesting his own needs of electricity is amazing. Isn't it? If not, I don't know why you are here. He has been here a lot longer than you and helped many, many people - don't worry about Sunking.

If Solar does not make you happy, then don't assume it applies to all people. Sunking always says solar has it's place.

Please don't mind us, this is what we want and I know we are not affecting you in some negative wayOK - then be quite about it -

Last warning - drop it or you won't have to worry about the site.

Regards,
            Russ
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by FunGas View Post
              It does cool the workshop, but not by much. Next summer I will add another inch of polystyrene all round and see...
              OMG that so looks like one of my experiments!!! Fungas you and I should get together and compare notes someday.

Oh.. hello again everyone, been gone for a while, very busy with life. Still experimenting and learning and enjoying my hobbies.

jcX4ever please don't get yourself banned (been there, done that). A forum like this needs some differing views on some topics. There is no need for personal attacks, just present YOUR views and opinions. But when you put them out there just be prepared to have them scrutinized. The same is true in reverse, you can scrutinize everyone else's opinions as well but don't call names just do it maturely. I like that you presented some charts to back your point, that's what I'm talking about. Sunking and Russ and I don't always see eye to eye on every topic and that's ok. I came here to learn, and they and others have helped me tremendously free of charge. I do see your point, i've made the argument myself. But the truth is a lot of people come here with hopes of saving money and getting free energy, which we all know is impossible. I've got to hand it to Sunking, personally I would have given up giving my free EXPERT advice to people that didn't want to hear what I had to say.

P.S. Sorry Russ not trying to continue an arguement, just offering some friendly advice that someone once gave me.

Comment

Originally posted by green View Post
                P.S. Sorry Russ not trying to continue an arguement, just offering some friendly advice that someone once gave me.
                Green is a "shade tree mechanic type" in my book - willing to do or try most anything - for fun or service makes no real difference to him as long as he considers it fun.

As he noted we had a rough start but Green has been a valued contributor for quite some time now!

Russ
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

This might help the OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnL4YCIEiTc

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Vegas View Post
                    Thank you for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Johann View Post
                      Thank you for the link.
                      Use caution with the numbers - I believe yours were a lot more accurate.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
                        Use caution with the numbers - I believe yours were a lot more accurate.
                        Yes those numbers are off a little bit.

Comment

Hi Johann, how was your project? I wonder what's the spec of the system you've come up to run your A/C?

*my rant
                          Been reading a lot of stuff on this site and I've learned a lot. I came here to play with solar and I know that I'll end up spending. This is like a hobby, I am not expecting a gain.. all for fun. However, some people here, like SUNKING, every post he writes are all negative. He tells the same information every thread. "You will be paying 10 times more .. blah blah blah.. and you buy a batter every 3-5 years.. ".. It's not helpful anymore.. and it's more like a troll.
                          I am still into solar power, but with no thanks to this forum. I got real help from another forum.
                          Some of my things I run just about straight of the panel without using a battery and some are hooked up to the battery.

In the meantime, the rates went up 22% and fees about doubled which most of them are based on the usage.
                          My bill went down 60% since I made this ac post years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Johann View Post

I am still into solar power, but with no thanks to this forum. I got real help from another forum.
                            Some of my things I run just about straight of the panel without using a battery and some are hooked up to the battery.

In the meantime, the rates went up 22% and fees about doubled which most of them are based on the usage.
                            My bill went down 60% since I made this ac post years ago.

Well sounds like you are doing ok. It is hard for me to believe you but if you are telling the truth then enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                            X