X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by sprucetrees
    This is what I am working with inside of the panels.

It looks like the three diodes read: TLIAN TL3050DY Y182401L

Again, any help or direction would be appreciated.

​​​​​(yes, I scratched the terminal plates)
    Based on that picture it doesn't look like those diodes are field replaceable. And based on that short circuit current of 1A I think the panels have an open circuit in more than one of the cell strings.

Comment

• sprucetrees
      • Aug 2019

Originally posted by SunEagle

Based on that picture it doesn't look like those diodes are field replaceable. And based on that short circuit current of 1A I think the panels have an open circuit in more than one of the cell strings.
      Hm, yes.

It should be possible to remove the diodes and re-solder new ones (if they are part of the problem), correct? If done correctly, of course.

Yes, I get the feeling that each string of cells is acting equally badly. Where could I look for the fault? Where the cell connect to the junction box?

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Hm, yes.

It should be possible to remove the diodes and re-solder new ones (if they are part of the problem), correct? If done correctly, of course.

Yes, I get the feeling that each string of cells is acting equally badly. Where could I look for the fault? Where the cell connect to the junction box?

The fault could be in that box or somewhere in the panel. You mentioned they were under ice and snow so it is possible water got into the internal wiring. It really is hard to diagnose the problem just looking at the pictures.

Comment

• sprucetrees
          • Aug 2019

Originally posted by SunEagle

The fault could be in that box or somewhere in the panel. You mentioned they were under ice and snow so it is possible water got into the internal wiring. It really is hard to diagnose the problem just looking at the pictures.
          Well I appreciate the help. The thing is that all of my panels are doing this. So, I doubt the issue is snow/ice, but rather something happened that trashed the system.

There was an incident where some panels got knocked over and MC4 connectors ripped out, possibly this did something to the system.

Comment

• sprucetrees
            • Aug 2019

I think I've figured it out.

SunEagle, I owe you a hat.

Will post more later. Thanks again.

Comment

• SunEagle
              Super Moderator
              • Oct 2012

I think I've figured it out.

SunEagle, I owe you a hat.

Will post more later. Thanks again.
              You are welcome. I hope you get your system back on line without too much cost.

Comment

Working...