System for playhouse shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System for playhouse shed

I think I've learned enough about this solar stuff to be a bit dangerous so I was wondering if someone could help me out. I think what I'm planning will work but I'm concerned that ultimately I'm not gonna achieve my goal with this. Any thoughts are appreciated

Mainly trying to run a fan and light - prolly 60W. Was thinking 1-100W panel (Renogy basic kit) with 1000W and 50AH battery

Usage will be sporadic - couple hours in spring/fall and few additional in summer. Prolly no use in winter

Can this setup be on-demand for the most part (ie will I have to turn stuff "on" to get things going or does the system just hum along. My guess is yes but I think that might kill the battery with such sporadic usage.

Thanks

The 1000W is the inverter. Thanks

Comment

You didn't say what size of fan. I imagine you'd be buying LED, with a 60 watt visible output. Type of battery and where you place it/them is extremely important too. Batteries tend to be susceptible to cold.

I recommend reviewing exactly what you want to power and for how long. Discharging your battery past 50% tends to wear down the lead acid types.

I would also recommend increasing the panels/capacity as well. Take your time, have fun planning, like me.

Comment

Working...
      X