Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outback... Something is not adding up

Hi guys,
    I have just installed a full outback setup with 2 FM80, 3KVA inverter, hub, mate and flexnet all on 24v and a bank of 12 2v batteries.
    Now the question is that the mate tells me that the batteries are on 83% but both charge controllers have gone in absorbtion and then float. Thsy are reading that the batteries are at 28.8v (so I'm assuming they are full) but both the flexnet and the mate tell me another thing. So I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with the system or just that despite being all connected to the hub they still all read different values.
    Cheers

You must set it up per manual...it doesn't know full till you tell it first time...

Comment

Ok I was playing around with the manuals after the technician who installed fiddled around with it and found that the battery amp/hour was set up wrong. Then I stumbled upon this screen in attach. Should it be changed to 28.8? 20190611_181624.jpg

Comment

You need to read the spec's for charging your brand and type of batteries.
        Trojan VRLA batteries are spec's at 28.8 volts for bulk charging, while the flood acid batteries are spec'd at 29.6 volts bulk.

Comment

Originally posted by FranzUgan View Post
          Ok I was playing around with the manuals after the technician who installed fiddled around with it and found that the battery amp/hour was set up wrong. Then I stumbled upon this screen in attach. Should it be changed to 28.8?
          Generally you should be using the Mate to program all the devices and not the play around with the FM80s directly.
          OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Yea I was programming all with the mate... I switched off and then on the flexmax and now it reads correctly! Maybe that was it!

Comment

Yes, now you have told the FNDC what a 100% charged battery looks like...w/o doing this it cannot know...

Comment

Working...
              X