MPPT charger parameters for 24V Tesla battery pack?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woswasi
    • May 2019

MPPT charger parameters for 24V Tesla battery pack?

hi,

I've got two tesla 5.2kWh battery packs (from a 85kWh S2) connected in parallel to an EPEVER Tracer 3210AN mppt charge controller. I configured the parameters (as shown in the picture below) after some internet research. I chose rather conservative settings regarding over / under voltage reconnect.

I'm not sure about boost / float / equalisation charge parameters - I wonder if somebody can help with some advice?

params.png

btw: I hooked up four 275Wp panels (2s2p) for testing; at peak they delivered about 650W @ ~23 Amp. In these moments, battery voltage went up to 24.3V, exceeding configured OV disconnect voltage by 0.2V for a short period. could this become a problem when setting OV disconnect to 24.6V as intended?

• SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

I don't understand. I thought the Tesla battery packs were Lithium chemistry. I think those values above are charge settings for a Lead Acid type of battery.

Comment

• woswasi
      • May 2019

Originally posted by SunEagle
      I don't understand. I thought the Tesla battery packs were Lithium chemistry. I think those values above are charge settings for a Lead Acid type of battery.
      sorry, forgot to mention: left columns (in grey) contain default values (read only) for sealed lead batteries, right columns (in white) contain custom values for for battery type "user" (in this case: the Tesla pack).

hth.

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by woswasi

sorry, forgot to mention: left columns (in grey) contain default values (read only) for sealed lead batteries, right columns (in white) contain custom values for for battery type "user" (in this case: the Tesla pack).

hth.
        Ok. But most of the 24V Tesla 5.2kWh battery packs I have seen have a rating of > than 230Ah. Two of them in parallel will be twice their rated face value an you have a 210Ah rating in in the charger program.

While that may be cautious will it get you the correct charging values?

Comment

• woswasi
          • May 2019

Originally posted by SunEagle

Ok. But most of the 24V Tesla 5.2kWh battery packs I have seen have a rating of > than 230Ah. Two of them in parallel will be twice their rated face value an you have a 210Ah rating in in the charger program.

While that may be cautious will it get you the correct charging values?
          thanks for the hint, I totally missed this setting. It's now at the proper value, but I don't see much difference. mostly because the batteries are fully charged and the controller therefore throttles back. but I see that the controller correctly enters float charging state as it is supposed to.

Comment

Working...