Low charging amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low charging amps

Please house ,am doing a 48volt solar installation and d charge controller is 60 amps.
    But my concern now is the ampere that the solar is generating. It gives 6 to 7 amps ,but I expect it to be up to 20 to 24 amps at least.
    Pls shed more lights on what is wrong or is it normal that way.
    The solar panel is 250 watt( four pieces connected in 48 volt)
    Or kindly send d connections to me and the break down analysis of it all.
    My WhatsApp number is +2348063641323

250 watts / 48 volts = 5.1 amps. If you get 6 amps count your blessings.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

He might mean four 250 watt panels. Lordacquit, it would help if you list the panel specifications and how they are wired (all in series, parallel, or some combination of the two). Also the make and model of the charge controller.

Maybe your batteries are already charged?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
        250 watts / 48 volts = 5.1 amps. If you get 6 amps count your blessings.
        Will 5.1 amps not too small to charge 200 amps battery (4 pieces) without damaging the battery?
        Please what can I do to effectively charge the four 200 amps battery without spoiling it?

Comment

Originally posted by sdold View Post
          He might mean four 250 watt panels. Lordacquit, it would help if you list the panel specifications and how they are wired (all in series, parallel, or some combination of the two). Also the make and model of the charge controller.

Maybe your batteries are already charged?
          It is 250 watt solar panel ,connected in series and parallel together

Comment

It is 250 watt solar panel ,connected in series and parallel together
            Please explain how you can have a 250 watt solar panel wired in series and parallel. With a single panel there is no such thing as series or parallel, and if it is a single panel will not be high enough voltage to charge a 48 volt battery. Sorry but nothing you are saying makes much sense.
            MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post

Please explain how you can have a 250 watt solar panel wired in series and parallel. With a single panel there is no such thing as series or parallel, and if it is a single panel will not be high enough voltage to charge a 48 volt battery. Sorry but nothing you are saying makes much sense.
              I believe the OP is having difficulty with the English language with explaining the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordacquit View Post

Will 5.1 amps not too small to charge 200 amps battery (4 pieces) without damaging the battery?
                Please what can I do to effectively charge the four 200 amps battery without spoiling it?
                A 200Ah battery system really needs about 20 amps to properly charge. 5.1amps will be very little and very slow.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
                  I believe the OP is having difficulty with the English language with explaining the issue.
                  Yeah I figured that out.

OP it will take at least 3 x 250 watt panels in series (750 watts) to produce enough voltage to charge a 48 volt panel properly. At 750 watts into a 48 volt battery will generate up to 37 amps which is plentiful for a 200 AH battery.

There is a issue you need to know. Assuming your Charge Controller has a 150 volt input limit there is no way to use 4 panel in series because like th evoltage will be too high, and 1 or 2 panels in series is not likely high enough for a 48 volt battery.

Bottom line is you must have 3 panels in series. using a MPPT Controller @ 48 volt battery. Without the Controller and Panel specifications make sit impossible to say with certainty.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

I have four pieces of 250w solar panel s(poly type).With 60amps solar charge controller(PWM) and four 200 amps batteries(deep cycle).
                    How will I connect the solar panels to effectively charge my 4 batteries?

Comment

Sounds like he has four 250 watt panels configured 2S2P..

Comment

Originally posted by PNW_Steve View Post
                        Sounds like he has four 250 watt panels configured 2S2P..
                        That is what it sounds like but I am concerned that with a PWM type CC he will not get the 40 amps needed for his 400Ah 24V battery system. Unless I am confused on how he has those 4 200 amp batteries wired.

Comment

I am missing any mention of batteries other than "200 a/h (4 pieces).

I don't know if he has 6v or 12v batteries ? Series? Parallel ? 2S2P?

OP,

tell us more about your batteries.

Comment

His username is now "Guest", at least that's what I see. Anyone know what that means? I've seen it before with certain users who seem to disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by sdold View Post
                              His username is now "Guest", at least that's what I see. Anyone know what that means? I've seen it before with certain users who seem to disappear.
                              I am not sure. I don't know if they have chosen to leave and shut down their account or if they have not completed the vetting process. Maybe Solar Pete can provide an answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X