Tracer 3210AN Can't communicate - Factory Reset?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xplode
    Solar Fanatic
    • Sep 2016

Tracer 3210AN Can't communicate - Factory Reset?

Hi gurus - I've got a Tracer3210AN Charge controller on my cabin system, and I've built a DataLogger for it so I can see what the system is up to when I'm not around. I tested it on a 3210AN I have at home, and it works great so far. Very excited to get it running.

Today I connected my laptop to the Tracer3210AN and using EPSolar's software, I changed the COM port settings for baudrate (i've found better success with my unit communicating at 9600bps). Problem is, I thinik I brain farted and set it to 2400 instead of the 9600 I was aiming for. No problem, just adjust the software baud rates and reconnect to change it right? Nope! I can't seem to re-establish communications with this unit at all. I successfully changed the other cabin's unit to 9600 and the logger works great. I can still connect with the laptop on that one as well. But nothing I try is working on mine.

I have tried using the EPSolar official USB/RS485 cable (which is what i used to change the settings the first time) and have tried every baud setting the program offers.

I have tried using a cheap USB-TTL adapter with a TTL-RS485 adapter together to make a link, and again with all possible baud rates. no luck,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, I have tried manually adjusting the bps rate in the device manager on my laptop as well as the EPSolar software, no luck.

I read through the manual looking for a way to factory reset but I didn't see one. Googling hasn't gotten me anywhere. I'm leaving tomorrow and would really like to have a solution figured out.

Any suggestions? Really appreciate anything you can come up with.
Working...