Voltage drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage drop

Hi everyone , thanks for welcoming me to the forum .

Could someone one please help , have installed a 160 w panel through to a tracer 1220an MPPT with a 100 amp hour Agm battery .
    Running only a led light strip
    system works ok for a while panel sending on on average 20v , not under load battery showing 14v .
    When lights on battery shows 9v and load 9v and after use of light battery drops to 2v then the MPPT locks out .....
    battery shows over discharge is this a faulty battery or should I fully charge battery first then try again .

Help greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Lord. Raglan; 08-01-2018, 08:15 AM.

I always commission a brand new battery with a stiff charge source before putting it into a cyclical charge situation. Unfortunately you may have already damaged your battery.

Comment

Thanks Logan battery was new straight out of box ...have been in contact with supplier to see what they say,I shouldn
      Last edited by Lord. Raglan; 08-01-2018, 01:10 PM. Reason: terrible spelling

Comment

Thanks all .
        problem solved used amp meter to test a few things ...checked connections through the complete set up and found a bad connection on a switch to the battery .

Sorted .

Comment

Can 2 60v solar panels 240w each charge 2 12v batteries in series? Mppt 30a controller. Is there ways i should do this to make it most efficient and safe for system?

Comment

Originally posted by Jram36 View Post
            Can 2 60v solar panels 240w each charge 2 12v batteries in series? Mppt 30a controller. Is there ways i should do this to make it most efficient and safe for system?
            As I stated in the other post yes although that CC will limit your charging amps to 30A from the 480 watts of panel which can generate almost 40A (480W / 12V = 40A).

Also your 12V battery system shouldn't be more than 360Ah or less than 240Ah

Comment

Working...
            X