Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Maybe time to close the door on this thread ?

Comment

• Mike90250
      • May 2009

Originally posted by J.P.M.
      Maybe time to close the door on this thread ?
      What would be the fun in that?
      Double wiring a house, if that's what someone wants to do, go ahead. But AFIK, there are no approved wall switches. Maybe a 3 way switch would do it, and just use the dead line as OFF. But that would require tying Neutrals together and maybe grounds and with 2 service panels, and no legal transfer switch, I don't know of any code approval for that method.
      But manslaughter charges might be covered with homeowners insurance, and I don't plan on being a lineman in his neighborhood, so maybe it's all good. I can totally understand no licensed contractor willing to undertake it.
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by keepdoing
        For instance, I wnet through 6 "Professional" Solar Installers. NONE could do what I wanted. Not saying they wouldn't. They said they COULDN'T. Technically impossible.
        What all of us understand and goes way over your head is the installer clearly understand exactly what you want to do. The problem is there is no code compliant way to do it making it impossible for them to implement and pass inspections. Additionally even if it were possible by code, no professional or anyone who knows what is going on would do something so damn foolish or want their names or reputation associated with it. The joke is upon you. When and if you figure it out, you will understand how stupid you are and we are laughing at you.
        Last edited by Sunking; 07-14-2018, 12:13 PM.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

• Sunking
          Solar Fanatic
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Mike90250
          What would be the fun in that?.
          I agree with Mike, keep the thread up to set an example and embarrass morons so they go elsewhere to learn how to destroy their homes.

MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...