Trouble getting system up and running with new charge controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble getting system up and running with new charge controller

I have a 100 watt solar panel and a bank of 12v batteries. I was having trouble keeping the batteries charged so I switched to an Epever mppt Tracer 10amp controller. It sees my batteries, but I can't get the solar panels to register. Any ideas? I have cleaned all the connections.

Hi Farmoffgrid, welcome to the forum. It might take a day or two for your account to be approved for posting, but I've approved this one in the meantime to see if you get some responses. --Steve

Comment

What do you mean by 'register'? Does the CC jut not see the panel input power?

Comment

Do you have a meter and can you measure the solar terminals at the charge controller ?
        Is the panel in FULL sun?
        How many and what size, is the bank of 12V batteries ?
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

You should have more than a single 12 volt panel running into an MPPT controller to charge a 12 volt battery bank although that wouldn't stop it from registering on the controller. Kinda sounds like you have the polarity reversed.
          2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Did you use a meter to test the power of the wires before plugging them into the EPEver charge controller? Did you connect the battery to the charge controller first before connecting the solar panels? Before I plugged in my PV's, I checked the power at the wires one last time just to confirm that I was getting power. Then I went outside, disconnected the little black connector and went back inside and screwed the wires for the PV into the controller. I went back outside, plugged my connector back together, ran back in the house and the charge controller is showing that I have power coming in. This is what my charge controller looks like when successfully bringing in power. I attached a picture that I just took and I get "You are not authorized to create or remove attachments."

From all the reviews I've seen on these charge controllers, they seem to work pretty good. I have the 40 amp version and I've been using it for nearly 11 months. I only used it temporarily after a hurricane down here. I'm looking to expand on my setup. Once I get the plywood mounted in the closet here, I'll see if I can get pictures uploaded of the final set up. Maybe that will be helpful so people can critique it.

Comment

Working...
            X