Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cryptocurrency off grid system

Hello All

I need your help on setting up my off grid solar system based on my needs. I'm building this system to try out mining cryptocurrency 100% solar powered. My system has the following:
    - 4x 6v golf cart deep cycle batteries 400ah that are wired in series and parallels to get 12v and 800ah (Will add more in future)
    - 6x 320w 9amps solar panels. (Will add more in future)
    - Midnite classic 150 charge controller.

I'll need about 500watts 24/7 for my small cryptocurrency rig as a start (I

With an off grid system especially a 12v one you have no chance to make enough coin to pay for the equipment. On grid without batteries in a decent grid market especially one with SRECs you can make money.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

A fool and their money about to part ways. Who wants to tell this fool he can only use 4 of his 6 panels using a MN! 150 configured for a 12 volt battery, and by pulling 12 Kwh per day his batteries will be destroyed in a week?
      Last edited by Sunking; 06-06-2018, 09:41 AM.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

What they said. A 500 watt setup is a very small crypto miner - maybe 4 x 1070 running them at like 65% power. Maybe $5.50 - $7 a day in potential income - ignoring any expenses. (assuming you are going for ETH or Nicehash type of setup). And you will be pulling 12Kwh/day. Talk to the battery folks here, they will give you a wake up call on how much you are going to spend. Your ROI on this - never.

Comment

Originally posted by mohbbb1985 View Post
          I need your help on setting up my off grid solar system based on my needs. I'm building this system to try out mining cryptocurrency 100% solar powered.
          Then get a grid tied solar power system. Measure the power from your system, and turn on/shut down mining systems to match solar generation. (Or idle them to reduce their power consumption.) That way you don't need batteries.

Comment

Working...
          X