Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1200W 24V Off Grid System Design Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1200W 24V Off Grid System Design Questions.

Hi Everyone. I've been browsing these forums for a few days now. Collected a lot of information but nothing that gives me definite answers. So hence my creating a new topic.

I am in the planing stages of an off grid solar system. I've obtained 4 300watt panels. VMP 36.1v IMP 8.30a VOC 44.6v ISC 8.87. This is all I have obtained regarding my system so i'm looking for advice on size of everything else to purchase. Oh and I'll be running about 1000w AC max through an inverter for now. 13 led lights a tv (50 inch plasma 400 watt - i know it will be replaced with more efficient technology one day) and satellite with the odd phone charger and cordless tool charger.

How do i wire my panels for the most efficient system while keeping controller costs down? 2 series 2 parallel? How can I combine these parallels? combiner box or MC4 connectors? I've come to learn that i'll likely use an MPPT 60a controller?

Currently my batteries are small. 2 12v 50ah in series for total 24v. I know this will not power my requirements for long. ( I have a generator after solar runs out with a 24v charger) This is basically to just make sure the system will run and keep my costs down the first year. Next year i plan to purchase 4 6v 428ah batteries to run in 24v.

Heck I don't even know what size cables to run from the panels to the controller and from the controller to batteries and then from batteries to inverter.

I know i've asked a lot and don't know a lot but any help with any of my questions would be kindly appreciated.

Shane Solar Panel.png
Working...
X