Monitoring System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitoring System

Is there a good off grid monitoring system that will show all the normal battery monitoring specs, but also the total power usage going through the inverter to account for solar and generator? Looking for one that works with a wireless display as well ideally. Currently running a magnum energy inverter/charter and may either expand that system or switch to Schneider so I would like the system to be able to transition if needed. The MagWeb solution looks like it would do what I want, but wouldn't be able to transition if I switched inverter types and it isn't cheap.

Schneider, with all Schneider gear, and using the Combox with a router, is the one I know. But when you start to mix brands, you start to loose reporting integration, I manually combine Morningstar & Midnight Classic & Schneider onto one spreadsheet. As long as they speak HTML, you can throw them on a wireless router.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

From what I can tell there is literally no logging with the Magnum PAE series and ME-ARC remotes. You can see it, but not log it. I will call Magnum Monday and see if I am missing something. The Outback charge controller has logging that I could easily grab and drop into a spreadsheet, but I was looking to try and size the upgrades which would ideally have exact total usage. Extrapolation with manual data point gathering could work, just more of a pain. I have actually been amazed at how well the little system is doing

Comment

Working...
      X