Newbie here, looking for advice on new system

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nkxd
    • Jan 2018

Yes, the main energy provider here in Greece supports net metering programs. Do you suggest that I should follow that path?

Comment

• ButchDeal
      Solar Fanatic
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by nkxd
      Yes, the main energy provider here in Greece supports net metering programs. Do you suggest that I should follow that path?
      if the goal is to save money then yes most definitely.
      100% efficient unlimited capacity storage system (Net metering) vs inefficient costly limited capacity and short life batteries.

Now if you goal is to save money AND have some backup then YES go net metering with a battery backup solution.

If your goal is to spend more money on power and have a lot of maintenance then go off grid battery solution.
      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by ButchDeal
        If your goal is to spend more money on power and have a lot of maintenance then go off grid battery solution.
        That's about the most concise and useful comment about going from on grid POCO power to off grid PV I think I've seen.

Maybe it ought to be the most referenced and shortest post ever turned into a stickie.

Comment

• nkxd
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by ButchDeal
          Now if you goal is to save money AND have some backup then YES go net metering with a battery backup solution.

Seems like I am going to start research on that one then. Thanks guys, you have been really helpful and you saved me a ton of money. I appreciate your help.
          And I will probably keep taking advantage of it by storming you with new questions about net metering, in the near future

Comment

• J.P.M.
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by nkxd
            Seems like I am going to start research on that one then. Thanks guys, you have been really helpful and you saved me a ton of money. I appreciate your help.
            And I will probably keep taking advantage of it by storming you with new questions about net metering, in the near future
            I'd encourage your search for knowledge of the basics before questions here. Your questions will be more productive with better answers that you will understand and get more from if you first bone up on the technology and the basics of how electricity works.

BTW, welcome to the neighborhood.

Comment

Working...