Small Pure-Sign inverter help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Pure-Sign inverter help

I'm searching for a 300-600 Watt Pure Inverter. I would like it to be 90%+ efficient with automatic shut off based on battery voltage dropping below 10.7V. Variable fan would be fantastic.

The only one I can find is AIMS 300W. However, it is a little bulky for my needs. i would like other options. Charge controller and Inverter in one is great too.

Current design is 50W Mono panel, inexpensive charge controller, two 18 AH batteries.

Please let me know some ideas.

Thank you in advance!

Morningstar 300 watt inverter.jpg

These Morningstar 300 watt inverters are highly regarded by many. 92% peak efficiency and NO FAN
    Last edited by littleharbor; 05-26-2017, 04:54 PM.
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Littleharbor,
      Thank you for the information. I'll begin digging into the Morningstar unit more. However, I think the cost of $200+ will be too high in this particular instance.

Comment

There are a lot of them.

Xantrex makes a coule of 600 watt units.
        Samalex makes both 300 and 600 watt models
        Morniongstar alread mentioned.
        A decent merchant that carries a lot of brands is Don Rowe including all mentioned. Just look around.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Be sure you get a "decent" name brand as a cheap Chi-com model is sure to disappoint.
          2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Anyone have familiarity with the Automaxx 350W Pure Sign Inverter? It is a hybrid system that can operate off AC or DC. You can plug the system into AC power and have it bypass the inverter and draw directly from the wall. Or select it to operate from DC first until the batteries drop below voltage. I like this option but cannot find anyone else doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
              These Morningstar 300 watt inverters are highly regarded by many. 92% peak efficiency and NO FAN
              I'll second that, and they have a 600w surge rating for 10 min. And silent, only a faint hum, They have a honking big toroidal transformer inside, and heavy cast aluminum housing.

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

As mentioned, I'd go with a name brand one. It WILL cost you more, but there is a reason for that. I bought an AIMS to try out, it was DOA. I exchanged it for another, it too was DOA. Read some reviews on it and it seems to be a very common theme with the AIMS inverters. I ended up just sending it back and getting a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
                  Be sure you get a "decent" name brand as a cheap Chi-com model is sure to disappoint.
                  Definitely buy top end units. I have had Trace inverters running heavy for 16 years, still does, packed up as backup. Good panels lasted 28/30 years. You get what yo pay for, and a disruption can be a serious inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
                  X