Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jagjohn2000
    • Nov 2015

Inverter

I have a cheap 150 watt inverter now with undervolt protection. Problem is, if battery is depleted and it auto shutdown, it won't turn back on once batteries are charged. Any help on a cheap inverter that will power back up once batteries charge. 12vdc to 110ac system running 17watts at 1.7a on ac. Renology pwm charge controller. 3 115ah batteries and some random 100 watt panel. He needs more pv but that's another story for another day. It's on another land owners land and we try to avoid having to go over there as much as possible. I told him to just get more pv and another battery and you won't have to go over there often even with that inverter.

I guess that would be to obvious.
    Last edited by jagjohn2000; 03-05-2017, 10:32 AM.
  • jflorey2
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by jagjohn2000
    I have a cheap 150 watt inverter now with undervolt protection. Problem is, if battery is depleted and it auto shutdown, it won't turn back on once batteries are charged.
    That's a good thing. That shutdown is not something you should ever see; it is a last ditch protection to prevent complete destruction of your battery. At the time the LVD triggers the batteries have already been damaged, and immediate intervention (manual charging and reset) is essential to keep them from further damage.

If you want to have this happen automatically, then get an LVD switch (you can use a Xantrex C40 for this) and set it for 12 volts. That will trigger before the battery is completely drained, and will recover on its own.

Comment

Working...