Apollo Solar T80 Turbocharger Settingss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo Solar T80 Turbocharger Settingss

I am currently living(renting) on an off-grid homestead surrounded by National Forest near Silver City, NM. There were two Apollo T80's CC, one died and was replaced by an Outback Flexmax80. Major components: 2 each-80 CC, Two each-solar arrays for about 1.5 kW each, totaling a bit over 3 kW, 24 volt battery bank (12 new Trojan L16H-AC 6v). 2 each-Tracer Xantrex SW4024 inverter/chargers, autoswitching, Onan 20 kW genset with propane 4 cylinder ford motor. I have 2 hydrometers, so that SunKing won't whip me like the novice that I am. I have a civil engineering background and still hold my airframe and powerplant license from the FAA. I size municipal water well pumps, sewer pumps, etc. for the Town.

My question is about the optional MPPT settings for the T80: Scan & Hold vs P & O vs Percentage. Currently set to S&H set to 1 minute.

What MPPT setting is most desirable, and how long or what percentage might be optimal?

Also, what program does SunKing use to draw his simple electrical schematics? His drawings are fairly slick and clean.
    Last edited by citabria; 11-08-2016, 05:58 PM.

You will have to play with the different algorithms to see what works best for you & your array, I had to set my new fancy Classic 200 to the brain dead sweep, because intermittent cloud cover kept screwing up the fancy ones,
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by citabria View Post
      Also, what program does SunKing use to draw his simple electrical schematics? His drawings are fairly slick and clean.
      Visio or AutoCad
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
      X