Newbie off grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie off grid

Hi I am very new to this. We purchased a weekender and are. Wanting to make it a more permanent home. We have been using a 6kva diesel generator up until now as it is off grid. Have purchased a victron energy multiplus 48/3000/35 charger inverter and 8 solar panels and now need to get some batteries so looking for suggestions. It is a small 1 bedroom home with 2 occupants...small fridge, tv, laptop, phone charger, led lights washing machine

Not sure as to type or how many. Was suggested that I get 2v 500amh deep cycles. Wanting cheap as will probably upgrade to something like a tesla wall later down the track

You are putting the cart in front of the horse. As of now you have no clue what your energy needs are. How many Kilo Watt Hours do you need in a day. Until you can answer that question do not buy one single item. What I can tell tell you is a 48 volt 500 AH system needs a minimum 2500 watt solar panel and can support 5 Kwh per day. But no one can tell you if it will work or not because you have not provided how much energy you need in a day.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Cheap would be 6 or 4 volt golf cart batteries. Expensive would be to purchase before you know what your needs actually are, Does your present inverter have any sort of logging or monitor information with it ?
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...
      X