Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epsolar tracer and 2 strings east and west

Hello everyone.
    I'm long time lurker here on the forum , learned a lot. English is not my 1st language, so sorry if you dont understands me. I live in the carribean. Started with RE in des 2013 with 2 small 150w panels and SUN-G GTI. After six months of seeing my daily use go down with 1KwH the bug bit me. After six months installed 4x100w renogy panels and a 1000w chinese GTI. After some months installed another string of 4x100w renogy panels. During that time I was using around 1kwH from 6:00am to 6:00pm. But I bought my house with prepaid electricity, so the power i was dorpping in the net I could never recover it, so I was helping the power company. I couldn't register my system with those chinese GTI's.
    So after 3 years of being GT I desided it was enough and desided to go partially off grid. So bought a 80 ampere pwm CC and 8 trojan T105, 2 strings @24v, and 2 additional 300w panels, and 2 powerinverters a 110v and 220v.
    Now during the day from 8 am to 6 pm I switch my house totally offgrid and in the dark hours my fridge and a airfan continues on the batteries thill the morning.
    So my monthly is very limited now, so Im happy.
    But as I'm new to this what is the battery behavior when the sun is going down (in the twylight) does the voltage go down with the panels voltages till around 25.5 or 25.4, then tlhe voltage of the panels contenues to drop and the batteries stay around 25.4v?
    On the trojan manual they say that this batteries life will be cut in half if used at 35degr celcius, Ive installed a battery temp monitor/controller, when fully charged they are around 35 or 36 degr, and have read on this forum that this batteries are 2 years batteries in reallity, what can I expect from this batteries 1 year....?

Are Gee Specht
    Dutch Carribean
    Real 10hrs of sun!

Oh I forgot. This was the real question, planning to install a Epsolar mppt tracer of 30a.
    Can install 1 string of panel facing east and 1 string facing west? Each string will be 4x100w panels.

Are Gee Specht
    Dutch Carribbean
    Real 10hrs of sun!

Comment

Many good brands of solar MPPT charge controllers work well with "virtual tracking arrays" where you have identical arrays of panels oriented in different directions. Key words being identical . If the arrays are not identical, results will be variable,
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Ok thx, I'll try it and report the results.

Comment

Working...
        X