X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steevo25
    • Jan 2016

Terminology Help

Hi All,

Since my last post regarding the small system I had, I have since found a much bigger use for solar in my remote aircraft hangar so have done a massive upgrade.

I purchased an EPSOLAR BN series 40A MPPT Charge Controller and am now running 10 x 100W panels (2 strings, each with 5 panels in series). I am still getting to grips with solar but so far this seems to be a worthwhile installation. It is connected, currently, to 2 x 120AH batteries (in series giving 24V system voltage).

One of the things that I have discovered is that the manuals that come with these things are absolutely rubbish. I purchased the optional MT50 remote display but the manual doesn't explain any of the items it displays. It shows you the menu structure and how to use the buttons but that's about it.

There is a real time monitoring page but I am at a loss on what a couple of things mean.

One of the screens shows the following information:

Char. Energy

Day: 0.01kwh
    Mon: 0.95kwh
    Total: 0.95kwh

Now I can sort of work out that the 'Day' means that in the current day the controller received 0.01kwh from the PV system (which does seem low considering this has been running for a full 24 hours now, and even though the weather is pretty grim, I would still have expected more than 0.01kwh from 1kw of panels).

I cannot work out what the 'Mon' is telling me. I can assume 'Month', but there is nothing in the manual that specifies what this is showing.

Any ideas?

Regards
    Steve
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

Just a guess, but the Month value would be the total charging energy handled this month (or within the previous 30 day sliding window if it does not know the date as well as the time.)
    The Total value would be the energy handled since the product was first installed or since the total was manually reset to zero.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...