What configuration & Voltage is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What configuration & Voltage is this?

Saw this on another website. I know it was done to balance batteries and have equal wire lengths but I can't figure out what it ends up being? (They're all 6V GC Batts).

My best guess is series/series 24V???

Attached Files

Looks like 2S2P to me @ 12V but what do I know?
    Dave W. Gilbert AZ
    6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Originally posted by azdave View Post
      I actually agree with you. It is not a 24V system. It looks like a 12V system

I would measure the voltage between the incoming black wires. That should provide the system voltage.
      Last edited by SunEagle; 01-19-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I would guess 2P2S.The first two negatives and last two positives are paralleled. The four connections in the middle are the serial/parallel connections of the buddy pairs. I agree it looks like 12 volts based on the 3 fill caps on each battery. They did a good job of keeping the interconnects the same length. It looks like they also staggered the serial interconnect so that that current would be balanced between buddy pairs.
        Last edited by Ampster; 01-19-2021, 03:41 PM.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Ampster View Post
          I would guess 2P2S.
          I came from the earliest days of ganging up gobs of cell phone batteries to get the voltage and capacity we needed for electric flight and we always listed the number of cell in series before the number in parallel so 2S2P for me. Ha!

Dave W. Gilbert AZ
          6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

I came from the earliest days of ganging up gobs of cell phone batteries to get the voltage and capacity we needed for electric flight and we always listed the number of cell in series before the number in parallel so 2S2P for me. Ha!
            I agree the traditional method is to call out the serial connections first. Fortunately the result is the same voltage. My perspective has been from forums like endless-sphere.com and diyelectriccar.com where parallelling Lithium cells is common, and somehow a different tradition has emerged. I should remember that when I post to forums that are not Lithium centric.
            Last edited by Ampster; 01-19-2021, 08:21 PM.
            9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

I’m guessing the two smaller wires are for battery monitoring. If that’s Correct I’m guessing end and mid point voltage monitoring,

Comment

Working...
              X