Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eatsleepvan
    • Jul 2017

Originally posted by karrak
    Can I just clarify something, by 8S6P do you mean six of the Ensemble 115 8p1s modules from Boston Power so your battery would really be 48p8s which works out at ~7.44kWh of storage?
    Yeah, that's exactly right. Sorry I should have been more explicit.

Comment

• eatsleepvan
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by karrak

Have you worked out a good way to turn off the inverter and MPPT controller remotely via the BMS? I had a quick look at the Vicron manual and it looks like it might be possible to turn the inverter off via the charger only/inverter on-off switch. I couldn't see any way to turn off the MPPT controller. As you have an electronic engineer helping, you could look at turning the MPPT controller off by modifying the temperature sensor so that BMS stops the charger by generating a battery over temperature fault.

Have you purchased a BMS from Zeva yet?
      Yes we've already got the BMS, as it was going to be used on the other project. We're about to reconfigure the batteries, set it up, and build a battery box for it.

And yes, how to turn off both inverter charger and MPPT charger is something I'm not clear on. I was going to ask Victron if the communication between the inverter charger and MPPT charger that will stop charging on both.

Comment

• eatsleepvan
        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by NEOH
        Why not use the higher voltage 8S Battery Bank?
        Just add 26.4 - 30 Volt Input to 24 Volt Output Buck Inverters, as needed?
        Yeah absolutely, if we're not sure the electronics we're planning on running 24V will cope with the voltage, we'll use a DC-DC converter. Any suggestions for about 12A?

Comment

• NEOH
          Solar Fanatic
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eatsleepvan

Yeah absolutely, if we're not sure the electronics we're planning on running 24V will cope with the voltage, we'll use a DC-DC converter. Any suggestions for about 12A?
          eatsleepvan
          Something like this ...
          Buck Inverter 26 V - 32 V DC Input to Constant 24 Volt DC output 10 Amps free air (continuous) / 15 amps w/ fan (intermittent).
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/DROK-Mini-El...item41b428039b
          Last edited by NEOH; 08-11-2017, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• karrak
            • May 2015

Another thought for configuring a 7s pack. If you can take one cell out of each Ensemble 115 8p1s module to make it 7p and then buy an empty shell and one extra 5.3Ah cell to make up the extra 7p module to make 7p7s*7.

Simon
            Off-Grid LFP(LiFePO4) system since April 2013

Comment

Working...