Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saltwater batteries

hello,

does anyone have an experience with saltwater batteries in combination with photo-volt (solar) panels? specifications are cutting edge and seems like with current pricing there is no even a reason to discuss lead acid, deep cycle, agm, gel or any other oldschool batteries...

is the future now?

Search the Forum for Acquion to find posts discussing this battery technology.
    The company has been "improving" their design every month or two since they introduced it and it still does not work very well.
    Read about the disadvantages and the relatively narrow range of uses where these batteries might be useful.
    Then hold on to your money for awhile.

Just my humble opinion....
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

You know, I wish these guys the best. Really. The tipping while shipping degradation thing has me a bit concerned.

One thing to keep in mind about ALL "future" batteries as opposed to old-school: most of the great advancements are heavily proprietized single-vendor lock-in solutions. If that works for you, great, but if you need some old-school choice, well, best to stick to century old long forgotten patents.

Comment

My personal experience: As of Nov. 2016, we have installed three systems. The only hesitation can be the upfront investment due to requiring at least four stacks for 4000W charge or discharge capacity. All three systems have 12 stacks (one full pallet). There's also one in use in central PA that has five stacks. Excellent results from all. No maintenance! Other than transportation they are easy to set up, commission, use and understand. Not ideal if a low budget is the primary objective, but they have exceeded my expectations in ALL of the other areas

Comment

Originally posted by B-17 View Post
          My personal experience: As of Nov. 2016, we have installed three systems. The only hesitation can be the upfront investment due to requiring at least four stacks for 4000W charge or discharge capacity. All three systems have 12 stacks (one full pallet). There's also one in use in central PA that has five stacks. Excellent results from all. No maintenance! Other than transportation they are easy to set up, commission, use and understand. Not ideal if a low budget is the primary objective, but they have exceeded my expectations in ALL of the other areas
          Nuke the Spammer POS
          MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
            Nuke the Spammer POS
            Sunking.

Do you seriously think I am doing anything other than sharing my experience for the good of this forum???

Thanks for having solar experience, but let's also keep our conversations intelligent.

PLEASE

Thank you

Comment

Sunking.

Do you seriously think I am doing anything other than sharing my experience for the good of this forum???

Thanks for having solar experience, but let's also keep our conversations intelligent.

PLEASE

Thank you
              A picture is worth a thousand words and your words betray your real intentions. You are here for one purpose only, to advertise. Any dam fool can see that.
              MSEE, PE

Comment

Sunking. Are you happier than what your posts indicate? What are you saying about a picture? Is it regarding the current profile photo? If so I will gladly change that. You could try toning down your choice of words. You might actually become a more effective communicator.
                Last edited by B-17; 11-08-2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Are you happier than what your posts indicate? Cheer up.
                  You must think we are stupid. I moderate two professional forums. You would have been banned for SPAMMING in your first post without even reading the content of the post with No Questions asked. You would not have made it 5 minutes without being reported as SPAM 20 times. You only have one purpose here, to ADVERTISE and you will be gone very soon. Each reply you make to me is more rope around your SPAM NECK. There are a few pros here including myself. Difference here is you could never determine who we work for or support. Not a single dime to be made here.

YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE.
                  Last edited by Sunking; 11-08-2016, 08:50 PM.
                  MSEE, PE

Comment

B-17,

To me as a Moderator, your reply seems to be a valid response to the request by the OP for anybody's experience with Acquion.

However, some members may be put off by the fact that you, understandably enough based on our published rules, entered company-related information where requested in the email, web and Skype fields of your profile. That could be seen as soliciting business.

If you wish to remove those information items or replace them with non-business links, it would go a long way toward establishing your credibility here.
                    Just go to your profile and edit it.

If you do not want to do this, then it is circumstantial evidence that Sunking's evaluation is correct.

(Note that we can't easily discuss this in private on the Forum as Private Messaging has been disabled.
                    We had some serious problems with members using PMs are part of a high volume referral farming operation. Disabling PMs was the most effective way to break it up. )
                    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying. I am learning about forum etiquette today. Something that my life experience did not cover much thus far.

Comment

Just look at my Avatar. Does it look like I want to sell you anything? No if anything it says Ben Dover.

You are a SPAMMER and are not fooling anyone. You know exactly what you are doing.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck.
                        Last edited by Sunking; 11-09-2016, 02:36 PM.
                        MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
                        X