Trojan t-105s customized charge setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojan t-105s customized charge setting

Out of curiosity, what would happen if i customized my 4 trojan t-105s (tied in 12 volt) to absorp at 14.15 volts instead of the recommended 14.8 by manufacturer? I'd also customize the float to 13.7 as opposed to 13.5 by manufacturer .

Kill the batteries that much faster. If you are using solar as your charge source, 90% chance your system is undersized and your batteries are never fully charged. Thus anything less than maximum voltage settings just robs you of even more power. This is why Trojan, Rolls, US Battery and many others have done away with 3-Stage Voltage Recommendations, they are useless in a Solar Application. Now they recommend Maximum Smoke called Daily Charge That is why you now see Absorb setting about where EQ was. Battery Manufactures want your Charge Controllers running Bulk or Maximum Smoke from Sun Rise to Sun Set. It forces your controller to pump maximum power all day into the batteries.

The only voltage setting you use is the one your hydrometer says is correct. You keep turning up the voltage until your Hydrometer says the batteries are fully charged. It is a life long battle seeking the correct voltage. It constantly changes with the seasons. In Summer you might actually get your batteries fully charged up in a day and can actually use the voltage settings. But the rest of the seasons is on generator every few days to make up the deficit, especially if you have the voltages set to anything less than MAX SMOKE.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Thank you so much SunKing

Comment

Working...
      X