X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

Trojan New Deep Cycle AGM Line-Up

I know nothing about them, but the manufacture name gives it credibility. Trojan has just released a new line of AGM batteries claiming to be the only True Deep Cycle AGM. Although cycle life claim is not as good as their RE and Industrial Line ups, it is better than any other claims out there. A good candidate for those with cold temps or high current applications. The line is called Reliant AGM.
    MSEE, PE
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Sunking
    I know nothing about them, but the manufacture name gives it credibility. Trojan has just released a new line of AGM batteries claiming to be the only True Deep Cycle AGM. Although cycle life claim is not as good as their RE and Industrial Line ups, it is better than any other claims out there. A good candidate for those with cold temps or high current applications. The line is called Reliant AGM.
    Do you think Trojan is entering the AGM market due the demand of more Solar Hybrid installations or because there is a need to have a battery storage system without the issue of fumes or required maintenance needed on an FLA type?

Comment

• Sunking
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by SunEagle
      Do you think Trojan is entering the AGM market due the demand of more Solar Hybrid installations or because there is a need to have a battery storage system without the issue of fumes or required maintenance needed on an FLA type?
      If I had to guess offering a product to the maintenance free crowd. I can also see a market for the golf cart guys as many of the AGM's they offer are BC groups for golf carts. With the low Ri makes it really appealing to EV crowds. All I know for sure is Trojan sees a market share they have been missing out on. Otherwise they would not spend all those millions on development and production.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

• Amy@altE
        Solar Fanatic
        • Nov 2014

You mean these? Trojan just sent us a care package with some dummy batteries. I haven't finished studying the details, but they are claiming longer sustained power than their competitors. We do sell many more sealed batteries than flooded, there's a huge market for low maintenance. A lot of the off-grid market is weekend/hunting/who-knows-what-goes-on-up-there cabins. They know the pros and cons, and they mostly prefer the AGMs.

Queen with Reliant.jpg
        Solar Queen
        altE Store

Comment

• SunEagle
          Super Moderator
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Amy@altE
          You mean these? Trojan just sent us a care package with some dummy batteries. I haven't finished studying the details, but they are claiming longer sustained power than their competitors. We do sell many more sealed batteries than flooded, there's a huge market for low maintenance. A lot of the off-grid market is weekend/hunting/who-knows-what-goes-on-up-there cabins. They know the pros and cons, and they mostly prefer the AGMs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5819[/ATTACH]
          Nice Crown you have there.

Comment

• Amy@altE
            Solar Fanatic
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by SunEagle
            Nice Crown you have there.
            That was for SunKing!
            Solar Queen
            altE Store

Comment