Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which small PSW inverter for continuous use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which small PSW inverter for continuous use?

Looking for something to run 300-400W continuously even in high temps of up to 40 degrees C.

Have narrowed it down to a compact Cotek SK or SE 350W - the manual says it is rated 350watts to 40degress C, but at that size looks too good to be true?

Or the victron V.E 500 Phoenix which is still 350W at 40 degrees C. These have plastic cheap housing & the manual DC inputs ( a pain to deal with by the looks) & mention toroidal transformer topology.

Another similar victron unit has aluminium case & fixed/sealed DC inputs, but doesn't mention toroidal transformer. Which of the two victrons would last longer?

Leaning twords whatever is best.

thanks

For continious loads you want to run at roughly 75%. So if the load is 400 watts then 400 / .75 = 600 watts.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

If you go for the victron, opt for the older type without the ve direct port. Those are the ones with metal chasis and cables pre fitted at the factory. Yes they all have toroidal transformer but with chipsets so kind of hibrid.
      For your load of 300-400w my choice would be they 800va version. It has a 4w no load consuption. I have a 1200va since 2014 servicing my well pump with no troubles.

Comment

I don't have any experience with the Victron. I have installed the Cotek PSW inverters in remote communications sites. Some of them have been running for almost nine years and, knock on wood, not one failure yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Raul View Post
          If you go for the victron, opt for the older type without the ve direct port. Those are the ones with metal chasis and cables pre fitted at the factory. Yes they all have toroidal transformer but with chipsets so kind of hibrid.
          For your load of 300-400w my choice would be they 800va version. It has a 4w no load consuption. I have a 1200va since 2014 servicing my well pump with no troubles.
          Cheers. Thought they were alumium . But oh well. Victron are massive units. Pushing it for my size.

Comment

I've got a 300W Samlex PSW inverter running in a shed for the last 2.5yrs without issues. However, it's never seen 40 C. Highest is probably 30C but most of the time much lower.

Comment

Working...
            X