Grid tie vs 12 volt panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grid tie vs 12 volt panels

I've read on here that grid tie panels are cheaper. Where can I purchase 72 cell grid tie panels that shipping doesn't cost more than the panels?

Originally posted by Ho jo View Post
    I've read on here that grid tie panels are cheaper. Where can I purchase 72 cell grid tie panels that shipping doesn't cost more than the panels?
    You cant. The insurance for broken panels shipped individually is prohibitive. Find an installer or vendor near by and tag an order on one of their orders.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Craigslist is a good source for these things, depending on your location.
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

You really have to order in large quantities to make delivery worthwhile. You can get small quantities of such panels from some big box stores (like Home Depot) but of course you will pay more.

Comment

Havent found any in my area on Craigslist. I've called vendors and installers said they don't sell to the public. Home depots prices are ridiculous. $1 a watt for 100 watt panels with free shipping is the best price I've found, but that's so much racking and wiring for 1200 watts.

Comment

Havent found any in my area on Craigslist. I've called vendors and installers said they don't sell to the public. Home depots prices are ridiculous. $1 a watt for 100 watt panels with free shipping is the best price I've found, but that's so much racking and wiring for 1200 watts.
            Home Depot is currently selling WindyNation 100 watt 12V panels for 99 cents a watt. Their larger panels are about $1.20 to $1.30 a watt.

Comment

I'll give home depot another look thanks

Comment

Working...
              X