Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lonestarrpm
    • Feb 2018

Joining RV and Trailer Systems

i have a trailer with a dual battery, 400W 12v system and an RV with a dual battery 12v unknown W system (3 panels). They both have their own controllers.

They both have inverters, the RV at 400W and the trailer at 2000W. I plan to swap the RVs 400w to the

When I am parked I would like to join the systems at the DC battery level. So technically the inverters are a moot point.

Primarily it would be to take the RV as master. I would expect both systems to be equally healthy and balanced at roughly the same battery levels.

I realize there could be issues having dual controllers, but that is the configuration I have as each is to be standalone systems.

Please advise any technical issues I may have and suggest the proper mechanical connection apparatus I should use.

thank you,

Mike
    Last edited by lonestarrpm; 02-09-2018, 10:48 AM.
  • littleharbor
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2016

Lonestarrpm,
    This is happening a lot lately. Try again or wait for the Moderators help. Why it cuts off where it does makes no sense but there's something about certain text that is causing the problem.
    I see this is your first post. Hang in there. It'll get fixed.
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

• lonestarrpm
      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by littleharbor
      Lonestarrpm,
      This is happening a lot lately. Try again or wait for the Moderators help. Why it cuts off where it does makes no sense but there's something about certain text that is causing the problem.
      I see this is your first post. Hang in there. It'll get fixed.
      If it matters -- I entered it twice from my iPhone -- the last edit was via laptop.

Mike

Comment

• lonestarrpm
        • Feb 2018

I found this which suggest (despite not having this controller -- or the same controller for each setup, I should be ok -- or at least tolerable)

https://2n1s7w3qw84d2ysnx3ia2bct-wpe...-050182015.pdf

So now I'm just looking for mechanical/electrical hook up suggestions...

I'm also in search of a pair of system meters

Mike

Comment

• Mike90250
          • May 2009

You will need some sort of DC connector for both - & + cables, something like a Anderson Connector ( used on cop cars & tow trucks on the grill for jumper cables )
          The wire gauge will need to be large enough to reduce voltage drop, something like 4ga , maybe 6ga if you are lucky.
          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...