Stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumped

I recently purchased a 2009 Raptor toy hauler and it is equipped with a solar panel system. I discovered that the control box is fried. For the life of me I can not find any info on it. I would like to find another control unit just like it.
    All it says is" Phono Solar" along the bottom and "Solar Charger Controller" on the upper face. Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rich Hargis; 04-30-2017, 02:01 PM.

It's toast, and you may as well buy a new , quality unit, maybe Morningstar or Tracer. Tell us more about the voltage coming from the solar panels - 25V, 45V ??
    How many panels / watts . I assume you are charging 12V batteries ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

I have no idea, I will check the voltage tomorrow. You are correct about charging the batteries.

Comment

Charge controllers are inexpensive for basic PWM types. This should be a simple swap. Do you know what you have for solar panels on the Raptor? If you have a single panel, poly or monocrystalline, which is , say 26" x 58" or less (150 watts or less) you would be safe with a 10 amp or higher controller. I would go with at least 20 amps though so you have room for expansion. I checked the internet for your controller with no luck. This is probably a rebranded controller although it doesn't look familiar to any of the controllers I have seen in my experience.

If you do the swap be sure to cover your solar panel(s) and disconnect your battery before you do anything else. When reconnecting always connect your battery first, then your panel(s)
        Last edited by littleharbor; 05-01-2017, 08:19 AM.
        2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Working...
        X