Dc voltage regulator ahead of inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dc voltage regulator ahead of inverter

I have a go power 3000w inverter. Its input voltage is 11.5 to 16 volts. My batteries are now at a stage where the voltage regularly drops below 11.5. This causes the nverter to cutout. Can i use a dc voltage regulator, set to 12 volts ahead of the inverter to allow my inverter to accept and operate? Thanks

You can use any type of DC power supply to run an inverter. That won't bring back your close to dead battery bank.

Also with a 3000 watt 12volt inverter I would hope your wire is sized to handle current greater than 250 Amps and is protected with fuses. More than likely that inverter is what killed your batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Gpkl1957 View Post
      I have a go power 3000w inverter. Its input voltage is 11.5 to 16 volts. My batteries are now at a stage where the voltage regularly drops below 11.5. This causes the nverter to cutout. Can i use a dc voltage regulator, set to 12 volts ahead of the inverter to allow my inverter to accept and operate? Thanks
      Is this a joke or a test? It makes absolutely no sense.

In order for a 12 volt regulator to work it has to be supplied with a voltage greater than 12 volts usually 1 to 3 volts higher, so it would need 13 to 16 volts input to work. You Inverter has a Voltage Regulator set to around 10.5 volts. If the voltage falls to less than 11.5 volts it shuts off. So where are you going to get 13 volts from? Don't say your batteries....
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
      X