Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bell0244
    • Jul 2016

Problem with solar

Hello everybody. I'm having an issue with my solar setup for camping. I have 3 20 watt amorphous panels and a 7 amp charge controller with 3 35 ah batteries. The batteries would say full but will not last long at all with just led Christmas lights for one night. So I bought a new 30 amp charge controller thinking the controller was bad. But with the new controller I have the same issue. I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

We will need a little more information before we can help.

What is the specification of those 20 watt panels like the Vmp and Imp and how are they wired to the charge controller?

How do you have those 35Ah batteries wired?

What is the total wattage of those christmas lights and how low are you running them?

My guess is that while you may not think those lights use much power they are probably draining the batteries and even with 60 watt you are not charging them back up to 100%

Comment

• Logan5
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2013

With a PWM charger controller 60 watts is no where near the solar array you need for 95 Amp hrs. or 3 X 35 ah batteries. do you have a multi meter? I am guessing your batteries are already damaged. from inadequate solar charging. Get these batteries plugged into a AC or generator battery charger ASAP! then load test them.

Comment

Working...