Solar Bridge MicroInverter vs Solar Edge Optimizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Bridge MicroInverter vs Solar Edge Optimizer

Sunpower dealer in San Diego says that Optimizer is more efficient than Microinverter, SPR-E20-327 Panels. I do see that energysage website shows higher total weighted efficiency for the optimizer (96.6%) vs 95.7 for microinverter. I have no shade, but panels will be on east facing roof. Do i need microinverter??.. I think there should be about $3k difference for 23 panels (i need to negotiate that)

Sorry, I am sure this question has been asked many times..

Any estimates for kwh size increase i should figure for average usage during hot times (aug, sep, some jul) in 92129?

thanks!

Originally posted by Yamabu View Post
    Sunpower dealer in San Diego says that Optimizer is more efficient than Microinverter, SPR-E20-327 Panels. I do see that energysage website shows higher total weighted efficiency for the optimizer (96.6%) vs 95.7 for microinverter. I have no shade, but panels will be on east facing roof. Do i need microinverter??.. I think there should be about $3k difference for 23 panels (i need to negotiate that)

Sorry, I am sure this question has been asked many times..

Any estimates for kwh size increase i should figure for average usage during hot times (aug, sep, some jul) in 92129?

thanks!
    If you want to do this right and not get screwed by your own solar ignorance, do the following:

1.) Get your annual usage by month from SDG & E.
    2.) Next, download and read "Solar Power Your Home for Dummies". You need an education.
    3.) After doing 1 and 2 above and not before, run PVWatts, Read the help/info screens a couple of times before you do any runs.
    4.) Get your roof inspected and serviced. Solar lasts a long time.
    5.) After you use info learned in steps 1 - 3 above to get an estimate on what size system you need, contact 3-4 local solar vendors who are also established electrical contractors and who have sold solar for at least 5 years, preferably 10 or more. Avoid the big national outfits you'll see in big box and Costco. Get written bids from the vendors you choose and do not sign the same day you get the quote. Also do not share prices with competing vendors - you will only pay more in the end and never less.
    6.) Never lease, never do a PPA, and keep in mind that it's possible to get quality equipment installed by a reputable vendor for ~ $3.00 - 3.25/ STC Watt. Also remember that the goal is most bang for the buck - not simply low buck. There is a difference.
    7.) Negotiate tough but fair and remember - everything is negotiable.

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Take what you want of the above. Scrap the rest.

J.P.M. (92026)

Comment

Thanks J.P.M. I have actually done most of that... I have not read "solar power..." will do that, hopefully it answers question about optimizers vs micro, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Yamabu View Post
        Thanks J.P.M. I have actually done most of that... I have not read "solar power..." will do that, hopefully it answers question about optimizers vs micro, etc...
        The revised version may do a better job since optimizers or micros were not covered in the old (on line) version.

Comment

Working...
        X