Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you solder 6X6, three tabbed cells @ the end ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    that's the same cell i want to import last i check china sources cause it's new product line.

    4w 6x6 mono, i think it's around 5$ a piece....

    my supplier told me last time it's no different from the 2tab connection

    Comment


    • #17
      Buying cells

      I managed to get these cells @ $1 A Cell from a local panel maker(in the box). The are rated 4.1v. Tabbing all three of the (+) together & all three of the (-) together is only giving me .5v. Understood it's going to be less indoors but NOT over three volts worth !!



      Originally posted by Panjong View Post
      that's the same cell i want to import last i check china sources cause it's new product line.

      4w 6x6 mono, i think it's around 5$ a piece....

      my supplier told me last time it's no different from the 2tab connection

      Comment


      • #18
        You are never going to get 4.1 volts on a single cell whether indoor or outdoor. You could get 0.6v open circuit in full sun if you are lucky. Voltage wouldn't change much in different sunlight conditions. It's the current that's changing. There must be a typing error, you are seeing maybe 4._ watts(0.5v, 8a) per cell. You need to do a lot of research and reading to be able to make a solar panel.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by _madtrapper View Post
          I managed to get these cells @ $1 A Cell from a local panel maker(in the box). The are rated 4.1v. Tabbing all three of the (+) together & all three of the (-) together is only giving me .5v. Understood it's going to be less indoors but NOT over three volts worth !!
          I think they are quoting or referring to VA or watts not voltage.
          NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

          [URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

          [URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

          [URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

          Comment


          • #20
            Part of the problem I have figuring things out is that each cell has a + & -. Ergo 2+ & 2 -. When you attach the top to the bottom of the next you have more + than -.

            OK. IF you go from the bottom of the 1st cell to the top of the second cell, what/how do you connect the top (-) of 1st to the bottom(+) of 2nd cell?
            WHAT'S wrong with my diagram (crude but should get the point across).

            What's wrong in the attachment ??

            Thanks in advance guy(s) for yer help.
            (I HATE BRAIN FARTS !!!!)

            P.S.
            Axis; the voltage was hand written, which makes me think that, what I was told was correct.



            Originally posted by axis11 View Post
            You are never going to get 4.1 volts on a single cell whether indoor or outdoor. You could get 0.6v open circuit in full sun if you are lucky. Voltage wouldn't change much in different sunlight conditions. It's the current that's changing. There must be a typing error, you are seeing maybe 4._ watts(0.5v, 8a) per cell. You need to do a lot of research and reading to be able to make a solar panel.
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #21
              Connect them like this

              This will give you an output of about 1 volt.
              Each cell you add will add another 1/2 volt.
              Attached Files
              NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

              [URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

              [URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

              [URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

              Comment


              • #22
                Attachment

                Can someone explain to me WHY my diag is wrong ? (Last loaded pic)
                Thanks
                Trap

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by _madtrapper View Post
                  Can someone explain to me WHY my diag is wrong ? (Last loaded pic)
                  Thanks
                  Trap
                  Mostly I couldn't figure out what you are doing
                  NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

                  [URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

                  [URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

                  [URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Trying build a small 2 cell panel for some tinkerin I'm playin with

                    I'm trying to figure out WHY I cannot get more than .5v out of 2 cells rated @ 4.1v. I'm trying to be as explicable as possible.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Rich means that your diagram has no meaning.

                      You are trying to meet a hand written spec on a box of cells someone 'obtained' from a local plant? What are the chances of that hand written voltage being correct?
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by _madtrapper View Post
                        I'm trying to figure out WHY I cannot get more than .5v out of 2 cells rated @ 4.1v. I'm trying to be as explicable as possible.
                        No cell is ever 4.1V They are .5V
                        Now just so you get it let me explain it again
                        No cell is ever 4.1V They are .5V

                        If you are getting .5V then the cells are probably in parallel and not series
                        you probably tabbed front to front and back to back.
                        this will give you .5V
                        Now if you take an ammeter and connect it to short the cells front to back you will probably get about 16 amps in full bright sunlight.
                        NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

                        [URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

                        [URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

                        [URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          All this goes to prove its very hard to beat bought solar panels from a reputable manufacturer,

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            solar panels

                            NOT to mention tabbing them can be a REAL PAIN !!!
                            And NO!!! I went top of cell 1 to bottom of cell 2. But what's confusing me is what to do, with the two parts that AREN'T soldered to (bottom of cell 1 & top of cell 2).
                            I HATE BRAIN FARTS !!! The way I see it is I SHOULD KNOW THE ANSWER !!!!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by _madtrapper View Post
                              NOT to mention tabbing them can be a REAL PAIN !!!
                              And NO!!! I went top of cell 1 to bottom of cell 2. But what's confusing me is what to do, with the two parts that AREN'T soldered to (bottom of cell 1 & top of cell 2).
                              I HATE BRAIN FARTS !!! The way I see it is I SHOULD KNOW THE ANSWER !!!!
                              solder the three on the front together to one wire at one end
                              solder the three on the back together to one wire at the other end
                              read voltage at the wires you just added.
                              It should read about 1 volt
                              NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

                              [URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

                              [URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

                              [URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Only 2 cells

                                That doesn't say what to do with the left overs !

                                Originally posted by Naptown View Post
                                solder the three on the front together to one wire at one end
                                solder the three on the back together to one wire at the other end
                                read voltage at the wires you just added.
                                It should read about 1 volt

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X