Residential Energy Storage Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residential Energy Storage Hub

Axion Power Residential Energy Storage Hub Certified To UL, CSA Safety Standards
    Paves Way for Commercialization of "HUB" Installations with Secure Home Power, Storage and Grid Connection Capabilities
    NEW CASTLE, Pa., Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Axion Power™ International, Inc. (OTCQB: AXPW), the developer of advanced lead*-carbon PbC® batteries and energy storage systems, announced today that its Residential Energy Storage Hub ("HUB"), which was introduced in September at the CEDIA EXPO and won awards there, has achieved certification to UL1741, IEEE 1547 and Canadian Standards Association (CSA) safety standards. The certification will effectively allow the HUB to be marketed and installed throughout North America. The UL 1741 Standard covers converters, inverters, controllers and interconnection system equipment for use with distributed energy resources. Going forward, all Axion "HUB" units will bear labeling attesting to the certifications.
    Something I get regular updates on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got a Link to the actual product mentioned?
    MSEE, PE

Comment

http://www.rosewaterenergy.com/residential.aspx

Uses Xantrex inverter, UPS of some kind, and PbC batteries

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
        Got a Link to the actual product mentioned?
        I just requested information.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I spoke to the Rosewater guy the other day. This product is designed more to condition all power coming into house and provide short term backup. It's more about quality of power. They hope to have a system more geared toward backup/storage later this spring.

Comment

Solution looking for a problem? They should sell it through Amway
            PowerOne 3.6 x 2, 32 SolarWorld 255W mono

Comment

They have a history in consumer electronics, audio, etc. I think the target is the audiophile/videophile market. I am more interested in the batteries themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatawan View Post
                I spoke to the Rosewater guy the other day. This product is designed more to condition all power coming into house and provide short term backup. It's more about quality of power. They hope to have a system more geared toward backup/storage later this spring.
                In Turkey clean power would be great! It gets interesting when you lose one phase as well.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

From Axion

Hello.

Additional information on the Residential Energy Storage Hub can be found at the following website.

Apparently they are floging the Rosewater unit - Fatawan had already supplied the link
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Russ as far as the Hub Box is concerned I am not impressed. Just way too many false claims. I am also no tcrazy about using multiple AGM batteries in parallel, just plain bad idea.

OK but that is not to say it is all bad. I have been following PbC batteries for about 10 years. Basically a PbC battery is your standard AGM battery. The positive plate is just your everyday lead calcium plate used in every battery. However the negative plate is a hybrid caron-lead plate, that reportable offers low internal resistance and much improved sulphation characteristics. This could be a game changer in th elead acid battery and may very well give lithium a run for the money. Here is a neat graph from Sandia National Labs comparing cycle counts.

Note here the Green Line is the PbC battery. What is not stated is the PbC batteries used were made by East Penn, Furukawa. Axiom refused to participate, and that raises a RED FLAG. So axiom does not have the market cornered. Even though Axion did not participate, the PbC battery is exciting. Withthat said I need to see a lot more details from 3rd party testing of actual production models.
                    MSEE, PE

Comment

The jump in capacity after 8000 cycles is intriguing. Not expected unless they did some sort of productive maintenance.
                      PowerOne 3.6 x 2, 32 SolarWorld 255W mono

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
                        From Axion

Hello.

Additional information on the Residential Energy Storage Hub can be found at the following website.

Apparently they are floging the Rosewater unit - Fatawan had already supplied the link
                        I took a look at the website. They rate their dual-conversion UPS as capable of 1.2 hours backup runtime at 10KVA based on the use of 12Kwh worth of their batteries. So either their battery modules are rated by them based on something like 50% DOD, or they are taking the batteries all the way down to 0% SOC. I guess they must have a lot of confidence in their batteries!
                        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by bonaire View Post
                          The jump in capacity after 8000 cycles is intriguing. Not expected unless they did some sort of productive maintenance.
                          It is not a jump in capacity as it appears. That is why I noted it is compiled data from two different manufacture batteries. Had me going too when I first saw it.
                          MSEE, PE

Comment

I'm more interested in runtime at 10~20% load.

I've been looking into something like this for a while now. I'm in Southern California - just about 10 miles from the San Andreas Fault. If it finally goes, I fully expect to be without power for at least a week. I have a 5.45kW PV system, and I have no problem reducing my power usage to about 1kW and still be comfortable. I can get much lower with just heating, some lighting and refrigerator. So - Can a unit like this keep me running from 6pm to 9am? Then recharge to 100% from the 4.5kW of surplus solar?

Comment

Originally posted by IntrusDave View Post
                              I'm more interested in runtime at 10~20% load.

I've been looking into something like this for a while now. I'm in Southern California - just about 10 miles from the San Andreas Fault. If it finally goes, I fully expect to be without power for at least a week. I have a 5.45kW PV system, and I have no problem reducing my power usage to about 1kW and still be comfortable. I can get much lower with just heating, some lighting and refrigerator. So - Can a unit like this keep me running from 6pm to 9am? Then recharge to 100% from the 4.5kW of surplus solar?
                              It is not completely clear from their diagrams whether the PV power is used for recharging the battery or just for supplementing the UPS output while on battery. That would make a very big difference.
                              SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
                              X