Enter Zipcode

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Residential Energy Storage Hub

Default Residential Energy Storage Hub

Axion Power Residential Energy Storage Hub Certified To UL, CSA Safety Standards
    Paves Way for Commercialization of "HUB" Installations with Secure Home Power, Storage and Grid Connection Capabilities
    NEW CASTLE, Pa., Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Axion Power™ International, Inc. (OTCQB: AXPW), the developer of advanced lead*-carbon PbC® batteries and energy storage systems, announced today that its Residential Energy Storage Hub ("HUB"), which was introduced in September at the CEDIA EXPO and won awards there, has achieved certification to UL1741, IEEE 1547 and Canadian Standards Association (CSA) safety standards. The certification will effectively allow the HUB to be marketed and installed throughout North America. The UL 1741 Standard covers converters, inverters, controllers and interconnection system equipment for use with distributed energy resources. Going forward, all Axion "HUB" units will bear labeling attesting to the certifications.

Something I get regular updates on.

Solar Fanatic

Got a Link to the actual product mentioned?
    MSEE, PE

http://www.rosewaterenergy.com/residential.aspx

Uses Xantrex inverter, UPS of some kind, and PbC batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunking View Post
    Got a Link to the actual product mentioned?
    I just requested information.

I spoke to the Rosewater guy the other day. This product is designed more to condition all power coming into house and provide short term backup. It's more about quality of power. They hope to have a system more geared toward backup/storage later this spring.

Solar Fanatic

Solution looking for a problem? They should sell it through Amway

They have a history in consumer electronics, audio, etc. I think the target is the audiophile/videophile market. I am more interested in the batteries themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatawan View Post
    I spoke to the Rosewater guy the other day. This product is designed more to condition all power coming into house and provide short term backup. It's more about quality of power. They hope to have a system more geared toward backup/storage later this spring.
    In Turkey clean power would be great! It gets interesting when you lose one phase as well.

From Axion

Hello.

Additional information on the Residential Energy Storage Hub can be found at the following website.

http://www.rosewaterenergy.com/residential.aspx

Apparently they are floging the Rosewater unit - Fatawan had already supplied the link

Solar Fanatic

Russ as far as the Hub Box is concerned I am not impressed. Just way too many false claims. I am also no tcrazy about using multiple AGM batteries in parallel, just plain bad idea.

OK but that is not to say it is all bad. I have been following PbC batteries for about 10 years. Basically a PbC battery is your standard AGM battery. The positive plate is just your everyday lead calcium plate used in every battery. However the negative plate is a hybrid caron-lead plate, that reportable offers low internal resistance and much improved sulphation characteristics. This could be a game changer in th elead acid battery and may very well give lithium a run for the money. Here is a neat graph from Sandia National Labs comparing cycle counts.

Note here the Green Line is the PbC battery. What is not stated is the PbC batteries used were made by East Penn, Furukawa. Axiom refused to participate, and that raises a RED FLAG. So axiom does not have the market cornered. Even though Axion did not participate, the PbC battery is exciting. Withthat said I need to see a lot more details from 3rd party testing of actual production models.
    MSEE, PE