Need help with solar panel array design for apartment building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My plan and thanks

Thank you so much for your reply. This is so helpful as I want to do this wiring tomorrow. I will run neutral wire from inverter to ac disconnect but I will not setup the ac disconnect switch to disconnect the neutral. I will just put a neutral bar in the ac disconnect and connect the neutral wire from the inverter to it and then I will run a second neutral wire connected to the same neutral bar in ac disconnect and run it to the neutral bar in the electric service panel. Could you let me know if this makes sense? thx!

Comment

Originally posted by mikael6 View Post
      Thank you so much for your reply. This is so helpful as I want to do this wiring tomorrow. I will run neutral wire from inverter to ac disconnect but I will not setup the ac disconnect switch to disconnect the neutral. I will just put a neutral bar in the ac disconnect and connect the neutral wire from the inverter to it and then I will run a second neutral wire connected to the same neutral bar in ac disconnect and run it to the neutral bar in the electric service panel. Could you let me know if this makes sense? thx!
      I can say that it makes sense for that to be done. But I cannot say whether it makes sense for you to be the one doing it, and I cannot see what your setup actually looks like.

And it does not cover what has to be done with the grounding. The neutral bar in the disconnect should not be grounded to the box, but there is more to it than just that.
      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
      X