Battery charger "Chinanglish" manual!? Ha. Help please?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Handmade Matt
    • Jul 2012

Battery charger "Chinanglish" manual!? Ha. Help please?

So, I bought a battery charger for my 24volt 250ah battery bank to pick up the slack in the winter. For now it runs from available mains but in the future it may well run from a generator.
    "ABC-2417D" Fully Automatic 5 Stage Marine Battery Charger 24V 17A"
    It's this one:

I plugged it into the mains and connected it to my battery bank and it started doing it's thing. It has a fancy LCD display and one button to scroll through the different functions. I could see it's target voltage, amp output, percentage complete which I understand. There were also a whole host of other functions which are beyond me. It seemed to go into a controlled over charge up to 29.3volts(ish), (equalisation?) Within 24hours this was complete and the green light on the charger has illuminated and it's gone into float (0.3amp at 27.4volts) so all is well.

However, I would like to know if it's worth setting any of the following and how on earth I would do it. (And if any settings would be lost every time the charger's unplugged for more than 24hours. (Manual is viewable at the bottom of this post.)

"Stage 1" Pulse Mode (Option) Is this already turned on? Should I turn it on? turn it off? How?
    What is screen "H" (AH) actually telling me?
    What is screen "E" (End time) actually telling me?
    What is screen "h" (Hours) actually telling me?
    What is screen "C" (Pre-Charge) actually telling me?

I am sorry if I'm missing something simple but I am new to this hitech charging and as I said in the title the "Chinanglish" manual doesn't help me learn.

If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated. Maybe there's nothing to do and I just leave it?
    (I want to use as much solar as possible and as little mains as possible (It's not my supply and we want to be as autonomous as possible from the utilities to this property.) So my next question will be: I was thinking about setting up the charger on a timer to come on for seven hours every other night maybe? Then once a month turn the charger on for 24hours to equalise? What do you think?
    (Or maybe if I leave the charger on all the time it will still allow my system to run off the solar that's available during the day? I don't know how best to play it.) THANK YOU

Here is the manual:

• andy t
    • May 2015

hi

Hi, i know this is an old post but i have been looking at getting the same charger for my 24v batteries. i Would be interested in how you have got on with this charger.

i have tried to read the manual you have put up as i cant find out any info elsewhere on the net but unfortunatly due to the compression and quallity of image i cant actually read any of it.

if you still have the charger could you scan or photograph the manual again but without the flash turned on and less compression so it can be read.

how well has the charger worked for you?

many thanks andy

Comment

Working...