Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A crackpot... gee thanks!!! Well people thought Einstein was a little strange to.

Oh well,
    Green

Comment

Originally posted by green View Post
      A crackpot... gee thanks!!! Well people thought Einstein was a little strange to.

Oh well,
      Green
      It was obvious from his hair.
      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

WRONG NAPTOWN . WRONG.. You did not read it extra very carefully.. it said "machine" and "vehicle"" Don't know about your construction but I don't call legs a "vehicle"".. Im not a robot or a human bean so not a vegetable either..

Comment

Originally posted by Naptown View Post
          Actually it has been invented millenia ago
          They come in pairs generally and are called legs.
          They also have the distinction of functioning far better without smooth roads than any wheeled form of transportation.

The first asphalt paved roads were built primarily to satisfy the demands of bicyclists, not pedestrians or motor vehicles.

Comment

Being a naysayer is easy, being an innovater is difficult. I look for solutions while others only see problems.

Sorry, just how I am.
            Green
            Don't offer sayings but offer solutions - real ones with engineering supporting them.

Reminds me of a boss I had - when we were sitting in a meeting discussing an engineering problem once in a while someone would pop up with, ''I wish''. Don would comment, ''You go crap in one hand and wish in the other - come back and tell us which fills up first''.

In real life engineered solutions backed up by science count and are important.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
              Don't offer sayings but offer solutions - real ones with engineering supporting them.

Reminds me of a boss I had - when we were sitting in a meeting discussing an engineering problem once in a while someone would pop up with, ''I wish''. Don would comment, ''You go crap in one hand and wish in the other - come back and tell us which fills up first''.

In real life engineered solutions backed up by science count and are important.
              I do offer solutions. I have over 20 years experience in building maintenace. I know how to fix things. I understand how systems work. I may not be an engineer but I have something even better to offer, real life hands on experience.

I am also an inventor. That is probably where some of my crazier ideas on here comes from.

I don't "WISH" to get things fixed, I get right in there and DO IT. I leave the wishing someone else would do it to the engineers.

I like this forum. There is a lot of great, very knowledgable people and information here. I'm just doing my part here, however small it is.

You can attack and dispute information I post, but don't attack me, that is not constructive.
              Green

Comment

Silly but what can I say - a building maintenance man knows better than an engineer? OK it has happened but normally no.

Make shift stuff works because someone got lucky (the first time). Engineering and science take the luck factor out of the equation to the greatest degree possible.

No attacking involved - merely pointing out facts.
                Last edited by russ; 09-05-2012, 12:46 PM.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
                  No attacking involved - merely pointing out facts.
                  Well then you should probably get your FACTS straight. I don't use luck to fix things in a makeshift like way. I'd be fired.

I never claimed really to know better than an engineer either. I did say I had something better, my hands on experience, that was merely an opinion.

If it's my name that bothers you, I'll change it.

Peace,
                  Green

Comment

Under the revised 2013 edition of the "modern dictionary for the inept" it says they are not vehicles.
                    Dictionary quote.."legs of any persons even nonsensical persons are not vehicles " end of quote

Comment

Originally posted by Naptown
                      From Websters Dictionary
                      1: Something used for carrying persons or things over land or in space
                      legs would qualify under this definition.
                      Well, one could bring up the fine point that legs are only used for carrying that part of the person which is above the legs. But I will not.

It did say "used for carrying parts of persons" in the original, right?

Comment

Well then you should probably get your FACTS straight. I don't use luck to fix things in a makeshift like way. I'd be fired.

I never claimed really to know better than an engineer either. I did say I had something better, my hands on experience, that was merely an opinion.

If it's my name that bothers you, I'll change it.

Peace,
                        Green
                        Facts -
                        An individual may have capabilities without a degree.
                        Any generic statement about experience being better than a degree means the person making it is delusional.
                        Anyone with experience is better than a newbie - at least in some ways.

End of discussion - the next pissing contest will be the last.
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

If I could safely mount some light weight film that made gasoline on the roof of my car, even if it only made a gallon a week, i'd definetly do it.
                          The big problem with panels on the roof are:
                          1) Bad aerodynamics may eat your gallon of gas saved by the panel.
                          2) Theft and/or vandalism.
                          3) Heat transfer.

If one had a moon-roof, I suppose you could open it so that the glass is still closed, but exposed to light, and put a tiny thin-film over it. It would be aerodynamic, fit just inside the lip of the sheet metal, but all bets are off if you forget and flip the switch. Something like a 10 to 20 watt PowerFilm panel perhaps. It would definitely be better than anything behind the glass on the dash or rear-deck. Being somewhat sunken, it may not be immediately visible for theft.

It isn't much that's for sure, but let me get the marketing department on it...

Comment

Working...
                          X