X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billvon View Post
    Not a supportable statement.
    [...] You cannot stay in biz long selling at a loss. Sooner or later one of two things have to happen. Either raise your price to make a fair profit if you survive, or close up and go bankrupt to protect what money you have left. The sole purpose of any business is to make a profit, not give it away.

[...]
    Last edited by Jason; 08-02-2012, 08:52 AM. Reason: Rude, insulting or inappropriate.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Sunking

I followed the link you left earlier in this thread. It appears that you have a choice in who provides your electricity?

Comment

Originally posted by billvon View Post
        Not a supportable statement. Manufacturers aren't stupid; they're not just giving up and waiting for bankruptcy. They are finding ways to make cheaper panels. China is learning how to make super cheap panels;

Let's take another recent example - the 2000 Internet boom. A lot of companies started selling everything from net access to routers to cabling. Most are now out of business. The ones that survived are the ones who could build them cheaply and reliably.
        1) Look at the price of slar stocks ovr the past years - a downward slide

2) The 2000 internet boom - not a valid comparison really - solar panel makers today are making a commodity - very little difference between most
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
        X