X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question concerning batteries. I presently have a 115 AH battery hooked up and I understand I need a smaller one. What would happen if I hook up a 50 AH battery in parallel with the present 115 AH battery. This is if I leave the panels as they are or if I add panels. Do the batteries have to match?

Comment

Originally posted by rgswaim View Post
      Question concerning batteries. I presently have a 115 AH battery hooked up and I understand I need a smaller one. What would happen if I hook up a 50 AH battery in parallel with the present 115 AH battery. This is if I leave the panels as they are or if I add panels. Do the batteries have to match?
      If you really need just a smaller battery, take out the 115 AH and put in the 50 AH one. If you need a larger total system (165 AH) then you cannot get there by paralleling an additional battery. When connecting batteries in parallel, the must be identical in size, type, age, use history and condition or else they will not share the charge and discharge current equally.

What is your use case (on or off-grid, etc.) What size and number of panels do you have?
      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
        To run a 1000/watt battery inverter effectively without tripping off line from under voltage requires a 12 volt 500 AH battery. A 12 volt 500 AH battery requires a minimum 500 watt panel.
        yes , i completely agree with you .

Comment

Working...
        X