Originally posted by Jim1 View Post
    Great idea.
    Pardon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Alternative to ground mount fence?

Originally posted by russ View Post
      Pardon?
      Does anybody have a picture of a ground mount with some sort of fencing wrapped around it?

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
        Pardon?
        Maybe Jim1 wants to view an attachment and is posting noise to get up to 10 posts. I think I see a lot of this. What is the rationale for requiring 10 posts?

--mapmaker
        ob 3524, FM60, ePanel, 4 L16, 4 x 235 watt panels

Comment

Look at what Jim's comment was about where I asked pardon - the idea in question was not very bright as best I can tell.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Alternative to Fencing to make wiring not "readily accessible."

Originally posted by green View Post
            You would have to check with your local authorities. I think more than the type of power leaving the array, the problem is the exposed wires and inverters on the back of the panels. You need to prevent anyone from being able to access the exposed electronics.

Green
            The National Electric Code reference for this is 690.31. All it says is that the wiring can not be "readily accessible." Of course, the local authority gets to interpret that, but it makes no distinction between AC or DC.

One solar specific solution has now appeared on the market. It's more attractive than plastic snow fence and custom-made to your specified size.

Those reading this thread may want to check out www.solarscrim.com.

Comment

Ground mount barrier, fencing alternative photos

Originally posted by Jim1 View Post
              Does anybody have a picture of a ground mount with some sort of fencing wrapped around it?
              Here are photos of a couple of approaches. Surrounding the entire racking system, while more attractive, is a lot more work and expense. It is much easier to simply cover the back of the panels, only where there is wiring.

These examples are from www.solarscrim.com which makes this custom solution.

If this is acceptable, is totally up to your permitting authority. There are more and more places which are accepting this sort of solution, especially on smaller systems where fencing can add a big chunk to the bill.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Spiffy Solar; 06-29-2015, 03:21 PM. Reason: Trying to make the photos show.

Comment

More attractive than chickenwire

Originally posted by Modelmaker View Post
                In the past, in certain areas, we have been able to get away with simply attaching chicken wire to the back of the array to keep things inaccessible, unsightly...Yes, however it is fairly inexpensive.
                You might like this, which is more attractive than chickenwire. More expensive, I'm sure, but still cheaper and faster than a chain link fence.

Under-Panel-Scrim.png

It comes from www.solarscrim.com

Comment

Working...
                X