Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing Solar panel from different companies

Mixing Solar panel from different companies
    My system uses Soanar Eco Tech panels 24V 170 watts.
    specs are.

Soanar Eco Tech Panels

pm 170w
    Voc 44.3v
    Isc 5.2
    Vmp 36v
    Imp 4.72
    max sys voltage 1000v
    size of panels the same
    Irradiance 1000w/m2. both panels the same.
    now i can get my hands on.
    .................................................. ...............................

NESL Panels

pm 170
    Voc 43.32
    Isc 5.38
    Vmp 35.8
    Imp 4.75
    max sys voltage 1000v

Now if I buy 4 of the NESL panels how do you think they will preform with the 12 Soanar panels I have now up and running.
    I intend to run 6 Soanar + 2 NESL panels on one string X 2

looking at your data, you should be i pretty good shape. Voltages match very closely. Most MPPT controllers should be able to run the array at full power, as there is hardly any mismatch.
    Is this for battery charging, or Grid-Tie ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Grid tie.
      I forgot to mention that both panels are Monocrystalline

Comment

Hey Blackman,

Where are you buying those 4 panels from? And for how much, if you don't mind?

Comment

A mate of mine is ordering a 3k system and i'm jumping on the band wagon as in the deal I want 4 extra panels for myself at there price of $920 each.
          This is the best way to get them. Normally they would cost $1210 each. This is a big saving for me.
          All I hope now is for my mate to not change his mind on the deal.

Comment

I'm happy to have what I got but to add another 4 panels the SB 2500 will run full bore not oversized like it is now.
            Sugar I spotted a 30 panel system the other day at Caboolture Nth Brisbane.

Comment

Well Ive' ordered my extra 4 panels + hardware and if all goes well they should arrive tomorrow so I might have some fun on the weekend installing them.
              These panels are the exact ones that are on my system now and are cheaper then the NESL ones.

Comment

I wonder today what the real prices of solar panels are. If I can get a 170W panel for around $900 AU what are they really worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackman View Post
                  I wonder today what the real prices of solar panels are. If I can get a 170W panel for around $900 AU what are they really worth.
                  Around $900.00

Worth is a value proposition attributed to an item based on supply and demand and general market forces. I'd like 250w 20% efficient panels for $1k, but we're not there yet. We'll get there eventually, or go in another direction other than PV technology. Whatever works best will determine the direction of the market, as to what's available and for what price the consumer will pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Bob View Post
                    Around $900.00

Worth is a value proposition attributed to an item based on supply and demand and general market forces. I'd like 250w 20% efficient panels for $1k, but we're not there yet. We'll get there eventually, or go in another direction other than PV technology. Whatever works best will determine the direction of the market, as to what's available and for what price the consumer will pay.
                    I would have to say that If I can get them for $900 they would be buying them for a lot cheaper.
                    Now 250W panels, that sounds good especially if you're limited in roof space.

Comment

Working...
                    X