Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree with i net dog

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
    Are we looking at the same diagram as the photo in the post? I see one series string of more than three panels, all with a common protective ground.
    my apologies, this is a bit of a necro post. i am a new user and im going against the admins and mods if they continue to disagree with sound observations of other users like inetdog, then i suggest not paying any attention to thier (naptown/mike)'s opinion/advice in the future

naptown, mike, you guys are both WRONG. the OP posted a diagram of ONE string (three or more panels/modules connected in SERIES) no combiner needed because there are no PARALLEL connections.

also see NEC article 690.9 (A) exception. This means he needs no OCPD on the pv source circuit. (correct me if im wrong)

*you wouldnt quote the bible without reference to the verse. so why do you try it with the NEC?*

Comment

Originally posted by slayercuzz View Post
      *you wouldnt quote the bible without reference to the verse. so why do you try it with the NEC?*
      Being the standard atheist I would never quote that book anyway.

Your first post shows a wise ass with no finesse at all - caution or you won't post a third time.

Corrections are welcome and fine but your know it all attitude pissed me off this morning.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
        Being the standard atheist I would never quote that book anyway.

Your first post shows a wise ass with no finesse at all - caution or you won't post a third time.

Corrections are welcome and fine but your know it all attitude pissed me off this morning.
        apologies russ, was only reflecting mikes demeanor. good morning

Comment

apologies russ, was only reflecting mikes demeanor. good morning
          Hi Slayer - Welcome to Solar Panel Talk!

Looking forward to your participation!

Russ
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Naptown View Post
            OK a couple of things wrong on that drawing
            It appears there are three strings of collectors in the array. This will require a fused combiner.
            Second sizes of conductors are not specified.
            No bonding is indicated.
            No specification on the size or ratings on the buss bars of the panel.
            Input location for the breaker from the inverter is in the wrong position. Should be at opposite end of panel from main utility breaker.[ATTACH]2020[/ATTACH]
            my apologies, this is a bit of a necro post. i am a new user and im going against the admins and mods if they continue to disagree with sound observations of other users like inetdog, then i suggest not paying any attention to thier (naptown/mike)'s opinion/advice in the future

naptown, mike, you guys are both WRONG. the OP posted a diagram of ONE string (three or more panels/modules connected in SERIES) no combiner needed because there are no PARALLEL connections.

also see NEC article 690.9 (A) exception. This means he needs no OCPD on the pv source circuit. (correct me if im wrong)

Read what I wrote in red. then read the rest of the thread. My statement was that it appears there are three strings. There are so many other things wrong with that it was hard to say what was intended or there. The OP never corrected me on the number of strings. If indeed there is only one string then you are correct there is no OCPD needed. Even with two strings no OCPD is needed.
            I seriously hope you never misread a post or imply a question that goes unanswered.
            NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

Working...
            X