Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello every body.. looking for an help

hello!

nice forum... full of very usefull stuff!!

i was looking for you help cause i'm not very prepared about solar system ext...

i have an issue in my country about sell and buy electricity cause if i don't buy certified solar panel they will not allowed me to sell electricity to them and when i need (during the night) i can buy back the energy i need..

but doing so the actual cost of the brand new and certified solar panel is so high that i will have a pay back after 10-15 years..

that's why i want to build anyway a diy solar panel.. but here is the problem...
    i can't connect those panels to the grid cause i legally can't do it..

and i thought,

it is possible buy some kind of "controller" to "switch" during the day the electric source from the solar panel and when the Watts will go below a pre-settent "point" switch to the grid?

explaining:
    when the sun go up and enough wattage is produce (for example 1kwatt in total or enough to maintain refrigerator, water pump, televion ext ) the "controller" will switch to solar panel... when some cloud or simply sun goes down the controller will feel the drop in kwatts and it will switch the power source to the grid...

it exists this kind of "controllerer" who is in my mind?

hope this mixture of ideas and pour english will not completely compromise the understanding of my concept and questions

thank you everybody

Your utility would never agree to such a thing - it is really an unsafe way to go about things with the potential to kill someone.

Factory panels are cheaper than DIY these days - plus a guarantee comes with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

but for a set 4kw of solar panel i spend 20.000euros.. like 17-18k dollars... i spend 1000 euros per year of electricity... it's not really cheap...

Comment

Originally posted by Mpobor View Post
        but for a set 4kw of solar panel i spend 20.000euros.. like 17-18k dollars... i spend 1000 euros per year of electricity... it's not really cheap...
        If you shop around over time you should be able to cut that cost in half or more.

DIY will be more costly for a questionable product.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Mpobor View Post
          it is possible buy some kind of "controller" to "switch" during the day the electric source from the solar panel and when the Watts will go below a pre-settent "point" switch to the grid?
          You can do this but you may not want to.

To make this work you need an inverter that supports energy management/low battery transfer (like the old SW2512 series; around $1000 on Ebay.) You also need a battery bank sized for your solar source and your loads. Then you run off battery/solar during the day, and the system automatically transfers back to utility power when the batteries are drained.

A second way to do this is to use a good charger/inverter (like the Prosine series) and then switch the AC off manually during the day. Charger/inverters generally include a transfer switch, and the system automatically transfers the loads from the utility to the inverter when utility power disappears. To control this automatically you'd need a controller that would switch utility power on when battery voltage < 11.6 volts and off when battery voltage >12.5V for some amount of time.

In both cases you need a battery bank (=maintenance and replacement costs) and a good inverter (>$800.) It may be cheaper to get certified panels.

Comment

Working...
          X