Just When You Think You Have Seen It All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just When You Think You Have Seen It All

Just got back from Arkansas working on a project down around Jasper where Dog Patch USA use to be in Hill Billy Country. Was driving back to Hotel in Harrison on one of those 2-lane mountain roads with so many curves you can see your front end in the rear view mirror.

Came upon this bridge crossing a river gorge at Buffalo River, and on the far end were three deer (Tow fat Does and a Fawn) walking toward us across the bridge. When they spotted us 1st Doe jumped over the rail followed by the Second Doe, then the Fawn. We stopped and looked over the rail and they fell some 100 feet landing on the river bed rock below. They looked like they were playing a terminal game of Twister.

My partner got on the phone to call the local Sheriff, as he was on the phone a AR HWP came upon us slammed on his brakes and proceeded to tell us we cannot fish or look over the bridge. We laughed at him and he was hot. My partner then gave him the phone to tell the dispatcher he was there and had matters in his own hands now and wait for the game warden to show up. You should have seen the look on that Cops face when he realized what happened.

Were not quite sure how they would get those deer out of there because there was no way to get down there that we could see so we waited around to see what would happen and if we could get a side of meat. What they did is one man repelled down there on a rope and they lifted them out. SOB
    MSEE, PE

Not sure if that was meant to be funny but that story made me chuckle a bit.

Comment

No not really meant to be funny, but just plain odd because this is the second time I have seen this happen 20 years apart, and less than 10 miles apart.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Less than 10 miles apart because....well... those backwoods Arkansas deer just aren't that bright.

Comment

Working...
        X