No announcement yet.

I'm new at this [Sunny Beam Monitor Issue]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you need more panels to balance your system? 12 x 170w panels is a nice system as it is. How does it need balance?

Yeah, $1k each is an investment for sure.

Comment

See two strings of 6 panels doesn't give the inverter enough voltage to fire up so now I have 1 string of 12 which is not efficient.
      What I need is 2 strings of 8 panels as the extral 2 panels per string will give me the extra voltage that fires the inverter up + puts the voltage in the reconmended sweet spot for max efficiency.

More $$$$, The dickheads at Eco-kanetics should have known this. 5 daydago I knew nothing about this PV stuff.(only installed last thursday.

Comment

Have you paid them the full amount yet? I'd be bringing in a solar pro to inspect what they installed. Seems like they botched the job. You could have recourse through the Dept of Fair Trading.

Comment

These mobs today refuse to come over your place not unless you pay up front.
          They asked to pay up in full the day before the installation.
          Maybe i'm to fussy but I can guarantee you with my life I would have done a better installation than what they did.
          1/ to get the 4 conductors to the panels they used two 16mm flexable conduits by lifting the tile up and shoving the conduit down the throat under A tile thus I now have a two tiles sitting 16+ MM above where it should be sitting. I would have drilled a 16 MM hole in the high spot in the tile, used a short radius bend and a little bit of conduit and sealed it around the hole.
          2/ On one side because they lifted the tile that much to fit the conduit they cracked the tile ridge. The apprentice said to me the boss told him to do it this way.
          3/ Upper and lower panels are about 50mm out of line. plus the gap between upper and lower varies by 20 to 30MM.
          Do I need to say more.?
          I NORMALLY NEVER ALLOW ANYONE TO WORK ON OUR HOUSE but theses days you get intimidated and blackmailed by them saying if you do it yourself you will have no warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackman View Post
            2/ On one side because they lifted the tile that much to fit the conduit they cracked the tile ridge. The apprentice said to me the boss told him to do it this way.
            So, is the boss going to fix the cracked tile ? Oh wait a sec, I hear him now:
            That was broken when we got here, we didn't do it.
            Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
            || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
            || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
            gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Sounds like a shoddy operation. I would be complaining to Dept. of Consumer affairs.

Comment

Well what a day I had first the panels fire up and they shut down 20 minutes later (Loose connection in the C/B on wall.
                F.C@#$%
                I started from the switchboard and checked everything, ALL connections Plus I removed the roof wires and re run them.
                But the biggest shock was the shody workmanship at the panel end.
                I/ I removed all panels.
                2/ The Aluminum Rails were cock eyed so I straightened them up to run parallel with the roof tiles.
                3/ Removed the 16MM flex conduit shoved under the tiles (two of them) Mind you my tiles where the conduit was up so far water could get in with no problems. + The sarking had big home punched into it.
                4/ So I
                5/ Drilled with a concrete core bit a nice neat hole (high side) and passes the same conduit through it.
                6/ sealed it.
                7/ cabled the conduit to the rail but this time the END FACED DOWN NOT UP LIKE BEFORE SO IT COULD CATCH WATER AND PASS IT THROUGH THE ROOF.
                8/ Made sure panels were in the middle of roof. not like before on one side going uphill on one side (60MM)
                9/ Used string line to line up panels from 1 to 6 and 7 to 12
                10/ upper and lower panels were 70 odd MM out of wack now they line up.
                11/ Before panel gaps between top and bottom row were 60mm or RHSIDE and 5 mm on LEFT HAND SIDE. Now its 26-28 all over.
                12/ panels rewired again, Tested for correct voltage (460V Open circuit) at panels, connected with connectors to main cables
                13/ All ready to flick the switch tomorrow.
                14/ One tired old man and his18 year old daughter that was up and in the roof with me all day (8am to 5.15pm) (she scared of heights)
                15/ Now I am happy.
                16/ Never recommend Eco-kenitics to anyone but are the others any different?

Comment

Crikey, hopefully after all that work, it will be right now.

Comment

Arghhh.
                    I forgot to add yesterday that the allan head bolts they used were about 2.3 mm to long so what happened waswhen the bracket was fully tightened that holds the panels it was still lose because of the to long bolt hitting the bottom of the Aluminum rail so what would happen is the panels could be pulled down with one hand after being fully tightened.
                    After I put the forth panel back up I knew something was wrong and discovered them being to long. A hack saw fixed them up.

Comment

Working...
                    X