Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vicsrc View Post
    PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE.
    Huh? You got what you asked for and it is free advice.

As stated to generate the amount of power you are asking to generate will take 9000 watts of solar panels operating at 500 volts using a UL 1741 listed Grid Tied Inverter and panels. That is the only correct answer we can give you.

You may not believe me now, but you will learn that is fact. The question is how much money are you going to spend (throw away) to learn that lesson.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

VICSRC you say you have 28yrs as electronics experience but you say this "when someone new ask a simple question to confirm what he thought to be true... Someone new ??? HUH ??? In 28 yrs you have never discovered thicker wire has less losses than thin wire? You have never noticed the wires to an electric motor tend to be a little thicker than the wires to a panel LED?? And it never occured to you that it could possibly be that the electric motor may have had a higher current draw?

With 28 yrs in electronics you should be able to calculate yourself what the panel requirements are going to be to generate x amout of power. You may not know the solar isolation for your area but its not hard to Google it. And for an experienced electronics person that should be the only unknown figure.

Comment

# new solar system wattage loss

Hello ,

Just go Through this , May be it will solve your problem little bit ,

wholesalesolar.com/pdf.folder/Download%20folder/System_Worksheet.pdf

Thank!!
        Last edited by Mike90250; 04-06-2012, 09:49 AM. Reason: link made un-clickable.
        [No advertising in signatures.]

Comment

Hi VICSRC:

I understand your situation, I am on the same boat regarding saving money.

I wish that I live in USA, in my area, It is a losing money project and it is a expensive lesson, I installed 25% of my 6KW system, I am waiting for incentive in myarea before keep on finishing my project.

If I were you, I will go to costco and buy a 5KW whole solar panel kit for $12,000. and take 30% incentive, everything are much simple and it will be cheaper dollar to real Watts return and much less hassle, problem.

Lesson one:

Sun grid tie inverter works fine with one solar panel, However it doesn't work well with parallel solar panels unless those solar panels are exactly same, Their Mppt ( Maxium power point tracking) do not work well with more than one solar panel. ( it can be improve little bit).

One panel = 30W, 2 panels parallel = 50W, 3 panels parallel = 67W, Very strange with MPPT.

Beside this problem, Just remember, Always disconnect your DC first before disconnect AC, Those Grid tie inverter do burn out easy on AC side MosFET transistor.

If you can provide me with more infomation on your 6 solar panels, voltages and power rating, also, your grid tie inverter rating, Voltage range, power range, I will try my best to help you.

If you are using your 22-60V Sun grid tie inverter, you might consider connect some solar panels in series, it will help to reduce wire loss.

Comment

Working...
          X