Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subsidies For Solar Energy In India

Hi,
    I stay in Maharashtra and I have a 5 acre land in Washim District "In Maharashtra village". I am interested in setting up a solar pannel's in that land. For that i need the following help if you can
    1) What amount of subsidy the government is giving for installation of Solar Power
    2) How much government gives subsidy for buying these panels
    3) How much does the government helps for importing these panels
    4) Does the government gives any tax exemptions if we sell power to them
    5) How much will it cost me for the setup if i have the land with me
    6) Which companies provide with solar power panels in india (I have herd that Forst Solar is the best)

Please help meregarding these things

Hi Ripo - Welcome to Solar Panel Talk!

We have a few members from India - the rest of us won't be much help as far as local conditions there go.

Russ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
      Hi Ripo - Welcome to Solar Panel Talk!

We have a few members from India - the rest of us won't be much help as far as local conditions there go.

Russ
      If possible could you connect me with the ones who are from india so that i can ask from them for some help.
      Please!!

Comment

Hi,

You can visit http://www.mnre.gov.in/ website for complete detail on subsidies and other govt schemes.

I understand Maharastra also has some state specific subsidy schemes http://www.mahaurja.com/.

Thanks and regards,
        Manish Khare

Comment

thank you dear

Thank you, Manish Khare, but do you have some agents or do you know about some company which can help me in this im finding it dificult in understand this.
          Waiting for your reply!!

Originally posted by manishkhare View Post
          Hi,

You can visit http://www.mnre.gov.in/ website for complete detail on subsidies and other govt schemes.

I understand Maharastra also has some state specific subsidy schemes http://www.mahaurja.com/.

Thanks and regards,
          Manish Khare

Comment

ripo, give the agency a call... i would avoid emails because with spam filters you'll be waiting till forever to get a response..

If you're in india a phone call is the best way to go. a lot of the information is online and can be accessed all free.

Feel free to take a look at SolarTown's research and learning pieces on solar technology and installation.

life is all about living and learning... awesome when it is free
            Last edited by Jason; 01-05-2012, 10:12 PM. Reason: Truth in advertising.

Comment

contact

Originally posted by ripo View Post
              Hi,
              I stay in Maharashtra and I have a 5 acre land in Washim District "In Maharashtra village". I am interested in setting up a solar pannel's in that land. For that i need the following help if you can
              1) What amount of subsidy the government is giving for installation of Solar Power
              6) Which companies provide with solar power panels in india (I have herd that Forst Solar is the best)

Please help meregarding these things
              Hi Repo,
              I am a structural engg just back from states. I am also planning to set up a 1MW plant at my land in Taloja, Mumbai. I wanted to ask if you had already done some research work or were you able to get answers to your question?

Comment

Hi All,

If you really want to set up a Solar Power Project - I could help you out.

Email me on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have interacted with a very large Chinese Company and a few Indian Companies in this regard - let me know.

Cheers

Neil
                Last edited by russ; 05-30-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

The Govt will subsidize ony if it qualifies under their JNNSM Scheme - for this you have to bid for the right to setup the project.

No Subsidy

You may import panels Duty Free

This is dependant from State to State - i believe Gujarat gives the best rates- I am not sure about Tax Exemptions.

This will depend on how big the project is - how many MW's - also since you have only 5 acres of land this may also restrict the size of the project.

You need to decide on whether you want thin film or Crystalline Panels - Then there are a no. of options - in my research - Chinese Panels are still cheaper.
                  However if you do manage to get the Jawaharlal Nehru Mission Project you are only allowed to buy Indian Panels for the most part.

If you are interested in a Big Scale Project try Rays Solar from Jaipur - they seem professiona.

Cheers

Neil ....

Please help meregarding these things[/QUOTE]

Comment

Grid connected solar -power generation project in india

V.R.GOVINDARAJAN

iam a Chartered Accountant based in Chennai. I have hands on experience in putting up a 35 mw Windmill project in Tamilnadu. Some of my corporate clients are looking at solar based IPP,as a business model. I as a consultant have to advise them on a total package. Iam particular interested in Thin-
                    film technologies based suppliesfrom China/germany or USA. Iam looking for supply with suppliers credit /ECB based credit (essential at mid-single-digit
                    interest rates. Clear terms of on-site warranty including replacement warranty is essential. Interested in feedback from consultants also
                    V.R.GOVINDARAJAN

Comment

Solar based ipp project in india

NEIL 2303

HI NEIL

iAM INTERESTED IN SETTING UP SOLAR BASED GRID CONNECTIVE POWER PROJECTS OD 20-40 MW EACH IN TAMILNADU. I NEED GOOD SUPPLIER
                      WITH PROPER WARRANTIES FOR REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT/SUPPLIERS CREDIT OR INSTITUTIONAL CREDIT IN DOLLARS/EURO. iF YOU COULD LEAD ME TO A GOOD SUPPLIER WOULD BE GRATEFUL.

WITH REGARDS
                      V.R.GOVINDARAJAN

Comment

Solar Panels

You can ask Daylight Energy Solutions based at chennai ,they are tied up with some Chineese Mfg firm for supply in India but nots ure about credit facilities.
                        Originally posted by vrgovindarajan View Post
                        NEIL 2303

HI NEIL

iAM INTERESTED IN SETTING UP SOLAR BASED GRID CONNECTIVE POWER PROJECTS OD 20-40 MW EACH IN TAMILNADU. I NEED GOOD SUPPLIER
                        WITH PROPER WARRANTIES FOR REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT/SUPPLIERS CREDIT OR INSTITUTIONAL CREDIT IN DOLLARS/EURO. iF YOU COULD LEAD ME TO A GOOD SUPPLIER WOULD BE GRATEFUL.

WITH REGARDS
                        V.R.GOVINDARAJAN

Comment

Originally posted by vrgovindarajan View Post
                          NEIL 2303

HI NEIL

WITH REGARDS
                          V.R.GOVINDARAJAN
                          You may visist http://www.thesolarindia.com - the B2B listings for solar power companies. This portal is a good source for manufacturers,suppliers of solar panels, service providers, etc. You can contact the suppliers directly through this portal. Hope this info i useful to you.

Comment

All can be aware that advertising and commercial contacts are not allowed - I just banned one party.
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I think you should be try at "Photo Voltaic Solar Power". Although, regarded quite expensive is actually becoming realistic with dropping costs in cost of creation. This is mainly linked to the important cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X