Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naptown View Post
    Shall we send him into exile?
    Something like that. Send him to the Bikini Islands, give him the title of Prince to succeed the King Muamer Gaddafi Duck.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Crumb View Post
      The metric system is backwards, dangerous, arbitrary and should be outlawed completely in America.
      Let the Russians play with useless numbers. I don't care about the metric system so I used feet, as it should be.
      A true mental midget!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Where would we be without Crumb to give us a funny post to read each day..??

Russ you can get 5000w panels at all solar shops.And very cheaply . you just working out the figures wrong.
        It goes like this... You simply purchase a 3.5w panel OK ?you still with me??/ its not difficult .. then place it facing the sun for 4 hrs a day ..OK? you not getting lost with the maths? then after 365days you will have 5000 whrs.. See there you are a 5000w panel...

Comment

Let the Russians play with useless numbers ????
          more than 90% of the worlds population use the metric system.. Reason SIMPLICITY..
          GEE Crumb you had better depart from the US As the money system there is METRIC using "russian useless numbers)

Comment

Originally posted by john p View Post
            Where would we be without Crumb to give us a funny post to read each day..??

Russ you can get 5000w panels at all solar shops.And very cheaply . you just working out the figures wrong.
            It goes like this... You simply purchase a 3.5w panel OK ?you still with me??/ its not difficult .. then place it facing the sun for 4 hrs a day ..OK? you not getting lost with the maths? then after 365days you will have 5000 whrs.. See there you are a 5000w panel...
            If I get more than 5000 whrs do I have to give them back?
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by john p View Post
              Let the Russians play with useless numbers ????
              more than 90% of the worlds population use the metric system.. Reason SIMPLICITY..
              GEE Crumb you had better depart from the US As the money system there is METRIC using "russian useless numbers)
              Last I knew I think those powerhouses, Rwanda & Brundi, along with the US were the holdouts against metric.

Metric is only simpler and easier in every way - besides you don't want your space ship to go smack into a rock because someone didn't know how to make a conversion do you?
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Unfortunately for the USA it would cost trillions of dollars to convert everything as its not only manufacturing ,just about everything have to change sizes and measurements,and all laws and specifications would have to be changed,
                And as the USA is not exactly flush with funds ,its going to remain on the back burner for a very long time..in my opinion to about 3 days just short of forever.
                But there will over time be some things that will change as now you buy just about everything electrical from China. And all the components are metric and the nuts,bolts,screws. Same goes for all imported vehicles..

Look at it this way. there are about 6.5 billion people in the world ,less than 400 million of them are using the non metric system , But even that is not totally correct as I have said in many instances that 400 million are having to use the metric system .

Comment

Originally posted by Crumb View Post
                  .... Untill it got the full sun I was reading 20 to 60 milliamps, then climbed rapidly once the sun came around and faced the window. ....
                  If this is being measured indoors, through a window, you will never see full power.
                  Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                  || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                  || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                  gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...
                  X